Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Halifax being touted as the 'Shoreditch of the north'

Halifax is shit. I don't know anyone who's even considered moving there from Leeds. Absolute bullshit.

Also, the quote about house prices is bullshit as well. It just so happens I was looking at what £120k gets you in Leeds only last week, and you can get a 2 bedroom house, no bother.

It will be smaller/shitter than the house in Halifax, true, but that's what living in a shit place does to house prices.

Move to Burnley, Middlesbrough, etc and you'll get even more for your money :cool:

Halifax is shit. I don't know anyone who's even considered moving there from Leeds. Absolute bullshit.
Yeah I'd have agreed with you about a year ago. But there is no denying it does seem to have turned a huge corner since the reopening of the Piece Hall and the Square Chapel Arts Centre. It is suddenly worth going to Halifax. I had no idea about these new venues / bands etc, and calling it Shoreditch is a tad OTT but it does have the feel of a place on the up.

I went to see our very own sojourner perform in a pub/bar in Halifax last year. I was surprised by how good the bar was and also by the people in there, nothing like the Halifax people who come to Hebden Bridge on a pub crawl on Friday nights.
Since then I've heard about a lot of good bars in Halifax and people love the Square Chapel now. Not sure about the Piece Hall though, fabulous building but it still seems a bit soulless.
I still wouldn't want to live there.

Back
Top Bottom