Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Good site for flight deal alerts?

Cloo

Approved by toads
Anyone recommend a good site for alerts on flight deals, especially if you're looking at a specific place?

Hoping to fly to East Coast of states next summer, can book anytime, so might be useful to have something to ping me when good deals come up.

Hotukdeals.com

I have a keyword alert for ‘Gatwick’ to alert me to general holiday and flight deals. You could do the same for e.g. NY, Boston, Florida etc

If I have a specific route and dates in mind I tend to use Kayak

Anyone recommend a good site for alerts on flight deals, especially if you're looking at a specific place?

Hoping to fly to East Coast of states next summer, can book anytime, so might be useful to have something to ping me when good deals come up.
What do you think would be a good price? I did it in May this year - with Thomas Cook, who've obviously gone bust, except the airline may continue in some form - for about £400. I thought that was pretty good.

I pay a subscription to jack's flight club. You only need to get one deal for the year's payment and it pays for itself instantly.

The good deals you have to be quite quick off the mark for, they release the really good ones to paying customers first. Get the app and then when the notifications come through you'll see them quickly.

Deals to the States come through quite frequently but if you need school holiday dates you'll need to be able to book more or less straight away. The best deal I've had so far is business class to India during Easter for £700. Well worth it imo.

you should probably wait til 2 or 3 months before you want to travel and then book the ticket

Thanks, didn't know that but I always pay with Visa anyway. Was a lifesaver when airline I was travelling with went bust about 10 years ago!

Watch out also for them cancelling flights at short notice. Happened to friends flying back from CA. Don’t want to catastrophrise but I’d consider building in a day’s buffet eg before needing to return to work.

Thanks... I think? ;) I am not going to Google any of this and scare myself but what i will Google is my rights/insurance options in case of cancellation or airline closure so i know what to do JIC.

Back
Top Bottom