Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GoggleBox?

If the 'viewers' were not amusing the whole programme would be shite. It is how thick some people are that is the appeal. Some interactions are amusing others are really just a bit sad.

Not my favourite programme. :(

If the 'viewers' were not amusing the whole programme would be shite. It is how thick some people are that is the appeal. Some interactions are amusing others are really just a bit sad.

Not my favourite programme. :(

All of us say stupid things sometimes. These ones are usually inoffensively stupid, and pretty much always, one of the other people in the room recognises it too, just like in real life.

In general the amusing things they say aren't stupid in the slightest, or they're amusing just because you don't usually get to hear what someone out of your social sphere talks about, like old ladies discussing sex toys.

All of us say stupid things sometimes. These ones are usually inoffensively stupid, and pretty much always, one of the other people in the room recognises it too, just like in real life.

In general the amusing things they say aren't stupid in the slightest, or they're amusing just because you don't usually get to hear what someone out of your social sphere talks about, like old ladies discussing sex toys.
Yeah I probably worded that wrong. It is normal people reaction to TV. I am sure I would come across as being thick if watching something I no nothing about but the editing makes the most of stupid comments.

Yeah I probably worded that wrong. It is normal people reaction to TV. I am sure I would come across as being thick if watching something I no nothing about but the editing makes the most of stupid comments.
I don't think any of us are under any illusions ,and know it's heavily edited. It's just a Friday night relief for me from the stresses and shit of life. Easy watching and lots of giggles.

I don't think any of us are under any illusions ,and know it's heavily edited. It's just a Friday night relief for me from the stresses and shit of life. Easy watching and lots of giggles.

And even when they're stupid they come across as likeable - the editing is not like on some reality shows where it tries to make everyone look bad.

And even when they're stupid they come across as likeable - the editing is not like on some reality shows where it tries to make everyone look bad.
Very true. The whole point of the show is that the audience grow to feel something for 'the viewers' After a while people become familiar with then & side with their favourites.

The idea that Julie had been out to the shops with only one made up eye really tickled me. Corona cabin fever in a nutshell, right there.

I liked Dave and Shirley at the beginning, too; with completely different memories of their first date. :D

Fell asleep this evo watching on old episode (with further episodes playing automatically) and was woken by the sound of Louis screaming hysterically during the final of Game of Thrones :D

Fell asleep this evo watching on old episode (with further episodes playing automatically) and was woken by the sound of Louis screaming hysterically during the final of Game of Thrones :D

I remember that. He was at his most annoying then, and seems to have calmed down in the most recent series.

I bet the production company at Gogglebox are beside themselves with glee with this week's telly.

I've just read the blurb for tonight, and it says they're going to be watching the royal interview, the BBC's follow up to that, and Morgan's rant.

They're also commenting on Teen First Dates, covering Prince Andrew's half of the family.

I presume they're OK because they feature in the opening montage of the new series. However, we've otherwise not seen Mary and Marina yet, which is a real shame.

They do switch it up, Sid was absent for a bit so hopefully it’s just scheduling with M&M.

I must say, I do like the current roster.

Great show.

Back
Top Bottom