Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General football related chat, news, rumours etc

I see they're thinking of bringing in sin bin after trialing at lower levels. Good idea if it stops some of the professional fouling.

The Daily Telegraph reports that new papers released under the 30 year rule (and similar) show Tony Blair considered if Wimbledon, as was, should be moved to Northern Ireland and reconstituted as "Belfast United". I think we all know that history didn't work out that way.

The Daily Telegraph reports that new papers released under the 30 year rule (and similar) show Tony Blair considered if Wimbledon, as was, should be moved to Northern Ireland and reconstituted as "Belfast United". I think we all know that history didn't work out that way.

I'm confused as Blair became PM 26 years ago

Wimbledon owners looked at relocating the club to Dublin at one point before selling it.

Alistair Campbell also wanted Celtic and Rangers to play in a game celebrating the Good Friday agreement and thought both clubs should join the EPL.

Will this encourage Klopp and Guardiola to ratchet up their referee protests? They've just been wimpish so far :thumbs:

Hope Marco Silva doesn't see this. He'll get ideas.

Linehan doesn't even like football, the only time he ever talks about sport is if a trans woman is involved. Or to give Sharron Davies a tongue bath. His own country were in the Women's World Cup but he didn't mention it ONCE.

At the last Folkestone game I went to the opposing left winger took a ball, at full speed, right in the jewels. He went down, obviously in quite a lot of pain, and was writhing about on the floor.

At which point a group of 10 year olds leant over the hoarding right next to him and screamed "WANKER! GET UP YOU WANKER! NUMBER 11! YOU'RE A WANKER MATE! FUCKING GET UP! WANKER!" for about 5 minutes until he could stand up and hobble off.

Made me laugh. Poor sod.

At the last Folkestone game I went to the opposing left winger took a ball, at full speed, right in the jewels. He went down, obviously in quite a lot of pain, and was writhing about on the floor.

At which point a group of 10 year olds leant over the hoarding right next to him and screamed "WANKER! GET UP YOU WANKER! NUMBER 11! YOU'RE A WANKER MATE! FUCKING GET UP! WANKER!" for about 5 minutes until he could stand up and hobble off.

Made me laugh. Poor sod.
I will never forget the following scene from Burscough v Prescot Cables many many many years ago:

Two old fellas leaning over the fences: "Gerrup! Gerrup you soft begger, bluddi 'ell."
Prescot player, rolling on the floor: "I'm in agony you cunts"

England has organised two more pre -Euros friendlies, against Iceland and Bosnia Herzegovina (the latter for the first time).

On the subject of Germans, I knew Klopp going to RB Leipzig was controversial, but I didn't realise how controversial until I read the Bundesliga Reddit threads on him. It was an eye-opener - for instance, I didn't know what an absolute bastard Dietrich Mateschitz was (he had some very dodgy far right views) or that Klopp had done ads for everything under the sun, including DVAG. The general reaction seems to be either 'Jürgen no what have you done' (mainly Dortmund and Mainz fans) or 'meh, what do you expect, Klopp is a corporate whore and money talks'. RB Leipzig are about as popular as herpes because they're a 'plastic club'.

I wish I could do more football translation jobs. I had a fun time translating a load of comments last night.

Back
Top Bottom