Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

I'm not sure it was me that said glasses = hipster.

But thanks for the welcome
you did have a go at my beard and singing though.:D We were losing that day that's when we all sing louder to support the team through thick n thin.

but no hard feelings:thumbs:.

make sure u do come over and say hi. And we can sing together..... At an the appropriate level.:D Im the bearded one obviously.

Given all the revelations about racism at the highest levels of English Football

So Proud we have a black manager and racism (or discrimination) not tolerated at our ground

Gavin Rose's Pink & Blue Army

So Ed how did your friends enjoy the game

good to see some out couples at Champion Hill

We don't care what team you play for, so long as you support the "Hamlet"

Anyone know how much a ticket at Leatherhead is? PompeyDunc convinced me it's an easy enough journey from Streatham...

PompeyDunc is dead. Long live DulwichDunc!

Pompey for life mate - that'll never change. There's room for two clubs in my life...in fact wait...three, no...hold on...four....wait... let me count: Dulwich, Pompey, St Pauli, Altona, Union St Gilles, Hearts of Oak, Pollok....there's room for 7.

I bumped into my friend the Ritzy union steward who was having a meeting in Kaff today. She had been on the front cover of the Observer yesterday.

Today she was wearing a Hamlet scarf :)

Hopefully, they'll all be along on Saturday.
I bought the Observer specifically for that article on Sunday after I spotted a bloke in front of me reading it at the Surrey v NZ 'A' game at the Oval. The whole issue is a national disgrace: people working hard in the sort of basic jobs that need filling in order to oil the wheels of society and not even getting paid enough to pay the bills and enjoy a modest social life in an affordable home. It annoys me when I hear peole waffling about affordable homes for "key workers" (usually meaning NHS workers, teachers etc.) because almost everyone is a key worker when you think about it logically, including cleaners, shop assistants etc..

I bought the Observer specifically for that article on Sunday after I spotted a bloke in front of me reading it at the Surrey v NZ 'A' game at the Oval. The whole issue is a national disgrace: people working hard in the sort of basic jobs that need filling in order to oil the wheels of society and not even getting paid enough to pay the bills and enjoy a modest social life in an affordable home. It annoys me when I hear peole waffling about affordable homes for "key workers" (usually meaning NHS workers, teachers etc.) because almost everyone is a key worker when you think about it logically, including cleaners, shop assistants etc..

I wish I could be like Richard Watts.

I wish I could be like Richard Watts.

If you want to be like me you'd better reference this version in future!

Amazes me how many people are unaware that song was written and originally recorded by The Kinks. I always bloody hated the Jam. Pretentious Home Counties poseurs, and nowhere near as good as other less acclaimed bands playing similar music like Stiff Little Fingers:

Amazes me how many people are unaware that song was written and originally recorded by The Kinks. I always bloody hated the Jam. Pretentious Home Counties poseurs, and nowhere near as good as other less acclaimed bands playing similar music like Stiff Little Fingers:

I the same with this...

Sorry I have to disgree, SLF were a second rate Clash, I can't say I didn't like them as I did up until their second LP. I hated the drummer though, a right big headed, pretentious cunt IMO. I went on tour following with The Wall (check them out people please, Kiss The Mirror, Exchange, Uniforms, New Way) and Jim Reilly was having tantrums and thew his toys out the pram on more than one occasion. I was more into the anarcho stuff like Crass, Conflict, Flux, etc and my favourites Crisis, as well as the early LA stuff like Black Flag.

NB. My feelings exactly about The Jam too.

Last edited:
This is not in reply to any specific comment in this thread but after having perused several threads today for the first time in a few weeks - can we please try and moan less!?

Back
Top Bottom