Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Game of Thrones season 4: airs in Spring 2014

Firky

The first of the gang
Banned
NO SPOILERS OR USE THE CODE IF YOU MUST.

Originally it was to be aired in the Autumn of 2014 but they've brought it forwards:

Season 4 will air on HBO by Spring 2014 – as confirmed at the Game of Thrones 2013 Comic-Con panel – and will cover the remaining material in Martin’s novel “A Storm of Storms,” after Season 3 primarily drew from the first-half of that massive book (1,216 pages long in paperback form). There are some massive plot threads left dangling in season three – such as Mance Rayder’s (Ciarán Hinds) plan to “light the biggest fire the North has ever seen” – that will lead to big and action-heavy events in the next season. That should be pleasing news for a number of fans, who felt that S3 unfolded at too lethargic a pace as a whole.

I can't remember the book being that long!

http://screenrant.com/game-thrones-comic-con-2013-clip-season-4-premiere-date/

I had to go and check my shelf, yeah two books. Storm of Crows under 600 pages.

Good news about the earlier date !

So is this a spoilers thread or what?
No, because it's about the upcoming TV season, not about the books. And you can always use the spoiler code if you really have to go there.

Someone with too much time on their hands? Anyone who would have that clown pic in their living room is not worth listening to.

Also, a picture of 2 particular cast members in between shooting what I hope will be a great scene (possibly spoilery so I'll tag it, but I think only book readers will recognize the significance)

ku-xlarge.jpg

I'm on S2..:cool: and have a voucher to buy S3 when it becomes available but no idea about S4 may need to look at my TV package!

Also, a picture of 2 particular cast members in between shooting what I hope will be a great scene (possibly spoilery so I'll tag it, but I think only book readers will recognize the significance)

ku-xlarge.jpg

The Mountain and the Red Viper?

My mate who always refused to watch it for some reason become ravenous and watched all 30 episodes within the x-mas holidays. :D

I was also one of the refuseniks. Friend kept banging on about it and i stubbornly dug my heels in. :facepalm:
Now one of my favourite tv series ever and i have spent a lot of time reading those bloody big books.

So when does this get good? :hmm: I'm about 2/3 through season 1 and it's nowhere near living up to the hype...

To be honest if you don't like it after a few episodes you're probably not going to. It had me hooked from the first episode.

To be honest if you don't like it after a few episodes you're probably not going to. It had me hooked from the first episode.

I enjoyed the first couple of episodes when I saw them on freeview, but bought the 1st season box set and not enjoying it so much as it goes on.

That said, it'll often take a whole 1st season before I decide whether I like something or not.

Back
Top Bottom