Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Free Games

Firstly, Deliver us mars on epic. And...

Not free games, but Epic store seem to have some black Friday business going on ETA it's this...

The 33% Epic Coupon

During our Black Friday Event, save 33% at checkout on all eligible transactions priced at or combining to $14.99 or more.

I went to get Alan Wake 2 (as no cracked version would install on my pc) said it was 39.99 , but went to the checkout and it was £26.87 or something, Bargain !

You can get a deal or 2 I reckon.

Last edited:
Regards the Epic thing it's been losing money for 5 years apparently.

Lost Ruins is currently free on GOG (they're doing Christmas giveaways).

Regards the Epic thing it's been losing money for 5 years apparently.
That's the Games Store. Not Epic itself. Fortnite is declining but it's still huge.

But then they have just laid off a load of people so....

That's the Games Store. Not Epic itself. Fortnite is declining but it's still huge.

But then they have just laid off a load of people so....
Fortnite is a license to print money for sure. I hope it doesn't go bust as it provides a Steam competitor but if you can't make money giving games away for free...DNF Duel today BTW. I've got about 400ish games on it (mostly free ones) so i'd prefer if it stays in business.

Fortnite is a license to print money for sure. I hope it doesn't go bust as it provides a Steam competitor but if you can't make money giving games away for free...DNF Duel today BTW. I've got about 400ish games on it (mostly free ones) so i'd prefer if it stays in business.
Yeah, I'm just saying there's a difference between Epic itself and the games store. The games store wasn't going to make a profit any time soon. They're trying to muscle in on a monopoly, that takes cash and lots of it.

Fortnite makes money, I don't know what they do with unreal engine but I presume that does too.

Yeah, I'm just saying there's a difference between Epic itself and the games store. The games store wasn't going to make a profit any time soon. They're trying to muscle in on a monopoly, that takes cash and lots of it.

Fortnite makes money, I don't know what they do with unreal engine but I presume that does too.
I've just got a Quest 3 so i'm rebuying loads of old games for the 3rdish time on VR. sigh....

5% royalty on sales over $1m (none below that)
enterprise licence gives full support and training, and costs $1,500 per user, and then they have a custom package.
They are also changing pricing to start charging non-games media productions more (iirc unreal engine is what was used in the Mandalorian instead of greenscreens for outdoor shots on planets, and must be used elsewhere for CGI stuff in film/tv)

Public filings show that Epic Games generated $5.6B of revenue in 2018, which then declined to $4.2B in 2019, a 25% year-over-year decrease.
Sacra estimates that Epic Games then generated $5.1B of revenue in 2020, primarily due to how COVID lockdowns propelled the unexpected success of Epic’s Fortnite and its in-game purchase business model.
With Fortnite’s monthly active users saturated across all core markets, and monetization and conversion both expected to decline post-peak as demand for cosmetic upgrades wanes, Sacra estimates that Epic Games hit $5.7B of revenue in 2021 before declining 9% to $5.2B in 2022.
Epic Games' Game Store hit $2M in revenue in 2018 before jumping to $233M in 2019, but the growth of the Games Store since has been relatively modest: revenues hit about $240M in 2020, $288M in 2021, $281M in 2022, and an estimated $285M in 2023.
Finally, Unreal Engine, another of Epic Games' products, generated $124M in 2018. The following year saw a decrease to $97M, a 22% fall. In subsequent years, Sacra estimates that it has grown to $100M in 2020, $150M in 2021, $225M in 2022, and $275M in 2023.

I've no idea how accurate that is, nor does it hint as to how much they spend on unreal engine each year.

Steam VR games work with the Quest.
It's more like Skyrim, Skyrim special edition, Anniversery edition, VR ed., Fallout 4, Fallout 4 GOTY ed., VR ed., etc (i'm a sucker for Bethesda sandboxes. You can get some great mods for Skyrim VR ed. BTW.

Melvor Idle on Epic today.

It's more like Skyrim, Skyrim special edition, Anniversery edition, VR ed., Fallout 4, Fallout 4 GOTY ed., VR ed., etc (i'm a sucker for Bethesda sandboxes. You can get some great mods for Skyrim VR ed. BTW.

Melvor Idle on Epic today.
Some of the ported ones are terrible. I wouldn’t bother with Skyrim or Borderlands as they’re less enjoyable than playing in pancake. But Serious Sam wasn’t as bad tbh if not perfect.
What REALLY moves the earth though are car racing games that are VR but the Quest won’t run natively. That is night and day shit that you should experience even if you don’t like car games. Similarly flight simulation. Even if MSFS isn’t on Steam it utilises the Steam VR engine to bring it to the Quest. That is breathtaking.
Obvs you need a powerful enough PC to run it.

E2a: hellblade is stunning also. Unfortunately it’s a puzzle game which isn’t really my bag and especially as it looks like it should be action horror.

Some of the ported ones are terrible. I wouldn’t bother with Skyrim or Borderlands as they’re less enjoyable than playing in pancake. But Serious Sam wasn’t as bad tbh if not perfect.
What REALLY moves the earth though are car racing games that are VR but the Quest won’t run natively. That is night and day shit that you should experience even if you don’t like car games. Similarly flight simulation. Even if MSFS isn’t on Steam it utilises the Steam VR engine to bring it to the Quest. That is breathtaking.
Obvs you need a powerful enough PC to run it.

E2a: hellblade is stunning also. Unfortunately it’s a puzzle game which isn’t really my bag and especially as it looks like it should be action horror.
The Serious Sam games were on offer! I've actually got a flight yolk and pedals and a wheel for the driving ones (i'm a real game geek). So i'll be spending more time in VR than the real one probably (no bad thing as the real one seems to be a bit fucked at the moment).

The Serious Sam games were on offer! I've actually got a flight yolk and pedals and a wheel for the driving ones (i'm a real game geek). So i'll be spending more time in VR than the real one probably (no bad thing as the real one seems to be a bit fucked at the moment).
Mate, if you're into flight yolks and steering wheels that's where VR shines. You'll be blown away.

Back
Top Bottom