Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Foldable phones are coming

You don't think the screen was tested as well as the hinge when it was going through its 200,00 cycles?

You should be grateful that there's tech companies who are prepared to take risks and innovate, rather than those who churn out the same bland, predictable, overpriced inspiration-free stuff year after year.

Taking risks and innovating is all well and good, but testing the product actually works should probably be a slightly higher priority, which they evidently didn't do.

Taking risks and innovating is all well and good, but testing the product actually works should probably be a slightly higher priority, which they evidently didn't do.
Feels like they released an early beta as if it was production ready...

This is where I think Apple tends to do better than most - they're quite good at ensuring something's suitably tested, polished & really ready for release before actually unleashing it on the world.

Of course where they do worse is owning up to problems when they do actually get it wrong.

They clearly did test it and many reviewers had no problem with the device. Still, it was obviously released too early.

This is where I think Apple tends to do better than most - they're quite good at ensuring something's suitably tested, polished & really ready for release before actually unleashing it on the world.
Said without a hint of irony :D
Didn't Apple release their own version of a bendable phone not too long ago? Except it wasn't supposed to be a bendy phone?

so its still held together with a sticker but they've made it a bit bigger and wedged it under the bezel. :thumbs:

I prefer the Microsoft approach because as I've droned on about on this thread before, the single screen tech others are using is really bendable, not foldable. And I dont trust the way a few companies have tried to turn bendable into foldable so far.

Since their tablet is similar to their old courier concept that some of us gushed over here back in the day, time to revisit that thread I think!

Back
Top Bottom