Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Help Fixing a broken Shure microphone - which cable goes where?

That looks like a fun project :) Shame they have to be glued back together.

Yeah, would try and be careful but looks like there will be some minimal damage no matter what. A judicious application of something not too permanent would hopefully do the trick.

Why? I don't think any cans mitigate mishandling. You're mixing tracks, not involved in a car crash.
You've never DJd a busy, boozy bar till 4 in the morning, have you?

Things can get very hectic in the booth - sometimes your co-DJ will be getting in the way, sometimes a tech person will need to come and fix things and stand on the lead, sometimes the headphone lead gets caught on something, sometimes you're a bit pissed and keep knocking them to the floor, sometimes you'll try to talk to someone in the crowd and realise that you're stretching the lead to its limit (and beyond). And, of course, the very nature of DJing means that you're taking the headphones on and off all night adding additional strain.

Read more:

As well as making life hectic, those gigs took a toll on her kit, in particular headphones. She has "completely destroyed" headphones in the past through overuse and crushing them by accident.
Having learnt those expensive lessons, she doesn't spend much on headphones for work.
"I just get a nice cheap, robust pair of headphones, that isolate the sound well enough so I can hear adequately to DJ."
One of the reasons headphones can be delicate is that they have several moving parts inside. In fact the principle behind those moving parts has not changed much since speakers first emerged in the early 20th Century.

Order 3 of the headphone sockets, they're very cheap, and we'll have a go with one set and see how it goes. I have tools to take apart iphones and stuff so the headphones will come apart one way or the other.

If the first set goes OK then we'll have a go at the other 2.

Order 3 of the headphone sockets, they're very cheap, and we'll have a go with one set and see how it goes. I have tools to take apart iphones and stuff so the headphones will come apart one way or the other.

If the first set goes OK then we'll have a go at the other 2.

Actually just noticed they come in packs of 5 anyway.

You've never DJd a busy, boozy bar till 4 in the morning, have you?

Things can get very hectic in the booth - sometimes your co-DJ will be getting in the way, sometimes a tech person will need to come and fix things and stand on the lead, sometimes the headphone lead gets caught on something, sometimes you're a bit pissed and keep knocking them to the floor, sometimes you'll try to talk to someone in the crowd and realise that you're stretching the lead to its limit (and beyond). And, of course, the very nature of DJing means that you're taking the headphones on and off all night adding additional strain.

Read more:

Would wireless headphones sort the problem?
Can you get wireless headphones?

Back
Top Bottom