Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Big Box of Cables

Yes yes and yes. I have all the cables and Adats, dats, reel to reels, Dvs, floppys, zip that will never be used again. But just in case, I have players and cables. I was once persuaded to scale down my useless cable storage operation, and litteraly a month later needed a strange that I had tossed. On attempting to replace it I discovered it was crazy rare and would cost me over £80 if I could even find one. . . . Never again.

I met someone who had all her computer stuff on Jazz drives.
She would cart around an old iMac G3 and a jazz drive reader to be able to do computer related stuff.
This would have been after 2010.

I wonder now and again if she still uses it.

I met someone who had all her computer stuff on Jazz drives.
She would cart around an old iMac G3 and a jazz drive reader to be able to do computer related stuff.
This would have been after 2010.

I wonder now and again if she still uses it.
Oh yeah jazz, that's what I was trying to remember. I also used mo for editing.
Crazy dayz.

This is the end result of a considerable downsizing a few years ago. I can now confidently self-identify as a grownup.

View attachment 433836

Clockwise: Power, data/speaker/guitar, USB, AV/HDMI.

I could probably bin some more, but it would be painful. I have actually found random power bricks useful for hobby projects, and if I ever need to get data off ancient hard drives I need my enclosures to run. I have pledged not to overflow these though. One in, one out.

I got the Wii back out a couple of weeks ago and discovered that its power adapter and the analogue input dongle for the TV had been victims of the purge :( Had to get new ones.
This is very satisfying. And the no overflow rule is a good one. And having actual boxes rather than masses of tote bags with no organisation. I have a hard time throwing old cables out. surely I'll need it one of these days! I'm going to try to be militant this summer.

As a reseller & retro tech enthusiast my heart is fluttering at all that software. A tidy pile you've got there Shippy!

Back
Top Bottom