Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

First time in NYC - recommends?

I'd walk around Harlem to check out the brownstones and high rises, and all the life, and then get chicken and waffles sat at the counter in Red Rooster.
Brooklyn Heights Promenade for amazing views back to Manhattan.
Or similarly walk around Williamsburg and end up at Domino Park.
Washington Square Park is good people watching and then you can get a slice at Bleeker Street Pizza.

hi Kid_Eternity , sorry about the delay, the school year started Wednesday and I've been slammed.

manhattan is made for walking but you might not want to be walking too much in this heat. in chelsea you'll be near the 8th ave (A and C) and 7th avenue (1,2,3) subways and it would be easy enough to get to lots of places that way. i can think of the Irish Hunger Memorial Irish Hunger Memorial - BATTERY PARK CITY AUTHORITY which will take you to the Battery area. once there, gazing out onto the harbor is a very nice thing in itself but you will also be right by the Staten Island Ferry NYC DOT - Staten Island Ferry , the 9/11 Memorial pools About the Memorial | National September 11 Memorial & Museum (though imo the Oculus is bullshit, a ton of money spent on a shopping mall) and Castle Clinton Castle Clinton National Monument (U.S. National Park Service), (though this might be more of interest to local history nuts like myself). in the other direction are two of my favorite places, The Cloisters (while the MMA has a medieval section, this is a separate medieval museum The Met Cloisters) and the American Museum of Natural History, which is a blast for all ages https://www.amnh.org/ (warning: it's very popular and there might be a line down the block espeically on weekends and you do not want to be standing outside this week).

hope that helps!
Cheers for this, totally lost track once out there!

We did:

Statue of Liberty (via speed boat)
Chelsea Market
9/11 memorial
MoMA
Seinfeld restaurant
Friends building
Ghostbusters fire station (which was unbelievably awesome!)
Times Square
Other stuff I’ve forgotten!
Ate in a bunch of very nice (and eye bleed pricey!) places!

Plus our hotel had one hell of a view.

Thoroughly enjoyed my time,

Attachments

• IMG_8048.jpeg
    IMG_8048.jpeg
    250.2 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom