Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

First they came for the halloumi, crisps and beer...

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
R.I.P.
Now dairy products 'may become luxuries' after UK leaves EU :eek:

Dairy products 'may become luxuries' after UK leaves EU

I am considering tooling up and raising merry hell :mad:

tmg-article_default_mobile;jpeg_quality=20.jpg

Butter is already way expensive these days - a 500g tub of Anchor or Country Life is like £3.25 in Tesco/Sainsburys. Lurpack is nearly £4 - WTAF man. This country.

Lurpak scaremongering. We're taking back control of our cheddar :mad:
We have the best cheeses, folk. The best. People always say to me, what about the French, the Italians? And let me tell you, once Brexit...I mean, take South America. They don't have an EU-like structure which, by the way is only a recent thing. There wasn't an EU in the 80s and look at all the great stuff that used to get built back then. Tremendous engineering projects.

We're bringing it back, you betcha.

We have the best cheeses, folk. The best. People always say to me, what about the French, the Italians? And let me tell you, once Brexit...I mean, take South America. They don't have an EU-like structure which, by the way is only a recent thing. There wasn't an EU in the 80s and look at all the great stuff that used to get built back then. Tremendous engineering projects.

Cheese is coming home :cool:

Was concerned I may have to become vegan, but all the milk, cheese and butter I buy is local anyway. Will miss leerdammer but mostly brie. Will do wonders for my waistline! :thumbs:

European butter is horrid because they generally keep their cows indoors all year round. Lurpak is similar in colour to lard.

We certainly don’t need Europe for fresh milk, in fact it’s often a rarity over there with many shops just selling UHT.

Plenty of nice cheeses here, including Cornish bree if you’re that way inclined. The French love our cheese but if we export less cheddar to them, that means more for us.

I’m sure our cheese producers can innovate and start putting holes in their cheese for those people who like holes in their cheese.

Basically this is fake news and the EU can stick its dairy up it’s looming budget hole.:thumbs:

:thumbs: bigly.

It's like this with cheese... A lot of people - I don't want this to sound trivial - but a lot of people are switching to these really soft continental cheese, very unattractive... it's weird. You see these great chefs using these really soft cheeses, because they can't handle Cheddar anymore. And, I hate it. I am a traditionalist. I have so many fabulous friends who happen to be gay, but I am a traditionalist.

Trump quotes and cheese go so well together...I could do this all day :facepalm:

They're sending cheese that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing maggots. They're bringing holes. They're mouldy. And some, I assume, are good cheeses.

This year's cheese rolling round is... not a war hero. He's a war hero - he's a war hero 'cause he was captured. I like war cheeses that weren't captured, OK, I hate to tell you.

I think Brie is wonderful if you need it, if you have medical issues, if you've had surgery. I've just never needed it. Frankly, I wouldn't mind if there were an anti-Brie, something with the opposite effect. I'm not bragging. I'm just lucky. I don't need it.

Back
Top Bottom