Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Few days away in mid Feb...suggestions please

telbert

Do you like sponge?
I was thinking of a few days away in mid Feb to somewhere still cold(ish). First thought of Iceland( northern lights) then Shetland but now not sure. I'm looking for a bit of local culture and good food and drink really. Any ideas?

Sweden.

Stockholm, then take the train north, they do an arctic rover ticket. 85% chance of seeing northern lights in that part of Sweden, better than anywhere else going.

Friday flight to Copenhagen = 31 quid return each. 3 x nights in Ibis type hotel = 160 quid. Gonna book tomorrow soon as the wife confirms she can get the Monday off work. Short bus ride to Amagar(?) Beach and the same into the city. Whats not to like?
Good hit Ed & Supine. Now im gonna be pestering yous for places to shop,eat and drink.
Thanks

Are you mad? Place looks fucking dangerous. The barley wine intrigues me though. Can't wait to go.:D.

Is v good. Went on my own during a business trip a few months back.

Thought I'd done it wrong when I saw one guy's beautifully crafted meal, then a tiny Chinese girl sat down next to me with just a huge hunk of cow slathered in chilli sauce. Then got lost in meat packing district for a bit...

Great beers, too.

Go to War Pigs if you do (unless you're a vegan).

Are you mad? Place looks fucking dangerous. The barley wine intrigues me though. Can't wait to go.:D.

Top tip and the place I would not have missed. Dangerous, not in the slightest. Great music. Even got the T-shirt :thumbs:

A place to visit, the climb to the top of the church of our saviour Church of Our Saviour

Place I'm considering for a few days away is Tromso. Direct flights only until March and then not again until about October.

If the weather is alright make sure you rent bikes, cheap and best way to explore.

If it's not or if you think youll explore a lot the first day and are feeling lazy, then get a 24h public transport ticket at the airport when you arrive. A single is pretty damn pricey anyway so it's only a bit more.

The museums are great btw - loads of interesting places to check out. Good parks too. Great bars. You def wont be disappointed.

We were not there long and spent a lot of time in the National Museum and the Staten Museum, The Church of our Saviour and the round tower.
There were many more museums we could have done ie medical and armoury for starters and we used public transport to and from the airport only,
we walked everywhere. Try the Churros in Nyhavn :thumbs:

dc7a806eb6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom