Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Faster than Light

Yeah, that's about where I am at the moment. If I have enough missiles I can take ships down ok, but boarders get me every time. *shakes fist*

I've frequently ended up with a completely different crew after I had them killed and replaced.

star_trek_evil_spock.jpg

Well done. How do you unlock it? Any augmentations as standard like the engi ship?

I've not been able to get to sector 8 again. I'll have to put it down to chance rather than skill.

There's a quest for it in the engi homeworld sector. It has a cloaking device, long range scanner and titanium plating (which gives systems a 15% chance of resisting damage). It also has the shittiest laser and beam you can have. It's um... interesting.

I got to sector 8. Once. Got killed by a fucking scout! Didn't even get to fight the boss. :D

I am currently fighting the boss. I killed it but it's jumped.

It'll have to wait till tomorrow.

i'm finding it a bit repetative

i normally get up to half way through sector 3 but my hull just wears down over time and i never find any shops

grrrr real iritation just now. my ship lost all oxygen but there was nothing wrong with the unit. i had a guy in there all the doors closed but still lost it.

Not had that before then. I've often wondered why oxygen was going down, but there's always been a reason. was the system powered? Silly question, but an easy thing to miss when it's all going off.

fuuuuuuuuuuck

i had just kitted out my ship the way i wanted it. double laser and three layers of shilds.

got borded by three matis who just tore apart my crew.

OK. The ships can be found in any sector that is termed a "homeworld" (i.e. zoltan homeworld). There'll be a little quest thing you'll have to do. The Engi ship you just get if you get to sector 4.

With the first ship you've got, you want to have at least 2 shield by the end of the second sector. That means saving up 100 scrap (with the extra energy you'll need.)

Leave the medbay unpowered until you need it. If you can fight boarders in a powered medbay then do it, cos you cannot lose.

When fighting enemy ships it's all about containing them. Destroy their weapons as soon as you can. You want to hit shields if you can't get through otherwise but you have a burst laser, which fires 3 shots and nothing has 2 shield until sector 3 (on normal, don't know about easy.)

Time your shots. Don't fire as soon as it's available, use a laser to knock shields down and then hit em with a beam. Stuff like that.

yeah i'm doing all that. apart from shot timing which i really should do. in fact i made it to sector 6 this time but i messed around too long in the engi sector and the ship got fucked by the rebles and although i got to the next sector i made a silly mistake dealing with the damages and my crew died.

shitshits

i wish i could reload from the begining of the engi sector my ship was badass before i fucked up by messing around

Back
Top Bottom