Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

F1 2024

I think that was one of the best races of the season so far. Excellent racing from Oscar and Leclerc.
Lando did a great recovery drive to finish ahead of Max. 20 point lead in the constructors for McLaren? Excellent.

Not sure what's gone wrong for Redbull, but doesn't seem like they are any closer to understanding
where they've gone wrong. I noticed with Perez he kept getting onto the back of Leclerc and then
falling away. Almost as though he had to use up his battery to get close.

I think Redbull might be regretting keeping Perez now, McLaren 20 points ahead.

I think that was one of the best races of the season so far. Excellent racing from Oscar and Leclerc.
Lando did a great recovery drive to finish ahead of Max. 20 point lead in the constructors for McLaren? Excellent.

Not sure what's gone wrong for Redbull, but doesn't seem like they are any closer to understanding
where they've gone wrong. I noticed with Perez he kept getting onto the back of Leclerc and then
falling away. Almost as though he had to use up his battery to get close.

I think Redbull might be regretting keeping Perez now, McLaren 20 points ahead.

What do you reckon on the Sainz/Perez crash?

Sainz -
oc8friy387xb1.jpg

To be honest, it's hard to know exactly what he was playing at, he just seemed to deliberately drive into the wall, on a straight, in front of Perez, to stop him. That doesn't seem likely though as it wouldn't do him or his team any favours. Guess we'll have to see if he suddenly developed a steering issue, or something.

Reactions: Ax^
I'd love to see the same close racing at the next race in Singapore. Fingers crossed.

The UK telly times will be:

Fri 20 Sept
FP1 - 10:30
FP2 - 14:00

Sat 21 Sept
FP3 - 10:30
Qual - 14:00

Sun 22 Sept
Race - 13:00

If anyone's planning to attend the race weekend, you'll be delighted to find the musical entertainment includes Kylie Minogue and The Corrs - two of my great-great-grandfather's favourite acts.

:D

No action to be taken against Sainz or Perez. Think they were watching a different race to me as apparently there was no erratic steering from Sainz and he just kept to his racing line. First time I've heard straight into a wall being described as a racing line but OK then.

No action to be taken against Sainz or Perez. Think they were watching a different race to me as apparently there was no erratic steering from Sainz and he just kept to his racing line. First time I've heard straight into a wall being described as a racing line but OK then.
You know you can watch the recording from onboard, right? Then you can actually see what happened.

From the many videos and number of times I watched them I think the accident was entirely a racing incident.

The Sainz Ferrari was on the white line and close to the wall. He moved across as you'd expect. Checo was closer to the racing line and didn't yield as he ought, perhaps, to have done. Because Sainz was almost a length ahead, Checo should have given some space. I also think that Sainz couldn't properly see Checo in his mirrors. In the in-car footage you can see him checking.

Just racing hard for the position, and too focused on what they were doing to be fully aware of what is happening alongside them... Of course you'd hope for more awareness on track, but at that stage in the race and under that pressure for the position mistakes will happen. This was very costly mistake all round.

From the many videos and number of times I watched them I think the accident was entirely a racing incident.
I'm not too surprised the stewards reached that decision. The driver-steward in Baku was Johnny Herbert.

He has always advocated for letting drivers sort out their problems on the track. I'm sure he told the other stewards it was a case of two drivers choosing the same racing line and slowly drifting into each other.

(Incidentally, during the Kravitz / Villeneuve grid tutorial, I thought I saw Johnny Herbert on the grid. He was in shot twice. "No, that can't be right," I thought. Turns out, it was Mr Herbert.)

F1 2025 pre-season testing dates confirmed​

The FIA have confirmed F1 2025 pre-season testing dates, confirmed that Bahrain will once again host the winter test ahead of new season. Set to take place from February 26-28 at the Bahrain International Circuit, these tests will allow teams to fine-tune their cars before the season officially kicks off in Australia from March 14-16. Bahrain has become a cornerstone for Formula 1 pre-season testing, having hosted the event six times since 2009.

The circuit’s stable weather conditions, diverse track layout with high- and low-speed corners, and two long straights make it an ideal location for teams to gather crucial data ahead of the season. The 5.42km desert track also ensures minimal weather disruptions, giving teams maximum testing time on the track. Since 2021, Bahrain has been the preferred location for F1 pre-season testing, with only the first part of the 2022 pre-season testing held in Barcelona. Teams use the F1 2025 pre-season testing dates as an opportunity to assess everything from aerodynamics to tire performance, ensuring they are race-ready for the season opener.

Back
Top Bottom