Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Euro 2024

Has anyone seen this clip of a Bielsa? Uncannily sums up where my thoughts have often been drifting regarding this competition

As a Leeds fan, I can tell you he overworks his players until they are injured. May be pretty football at the start of the season but by the end there's a lot of lost games as you struggle to make a full squad.

He sure knew how to get a team to collapse and ship a load of goals. Entertaining for everyone else, I guess.

As a Leeds fan, I can tell you he overworks his players until they are injured. May be pretty football at the start of the season but by the end there's a lot of lost games as you struggle to make a full squad.
I don't know if you watched the video however he was talking about the sort of product that is increasingly being dished up for TV. I'll gladly join in a discussion on Bielsa as a coach/manager if you set a thread up., I just thought his views on the product apt.

I don't know if you watched the video however he was talking about the sort of product that is increasingly being dished up for TV. I'll gladly join in a discussion on Bielsa as a coach/manager if you set a thread up., I just thought his views on the product apt.
I don't understand what precisely he is complaining about and who is to blame for it and what the solution is?

I did.
Rambling old boomer nonsense if you ask me.
Doesn't seem to be any drop off in the amount of people watching that wasn't caused by Sky's monopoly on televised football.
Some games are boring, plus ça change.
There are still entertaining games, there have been a few corkers in these Euros.

I don't understand what precisely he is complaining about and who is to blame for it and what the solution is?
I think he just wants everyone to play like 1970's Brazil but even Brazil don't play like that anymore.

Uefa has given its full backing to Felix Zwayer, who will officiate England’s Euro 2024 semi-final against the Netherlands as planned despite Jude Bellingham making an unproven allegation of match-fixing against the referee, which he denies, three years ago.

The governing body has no concerns about Zwayer’s suitability to oversee the game despite Bellingham describing him as “a referee that has match-fixed before” in a high-profile run-in during 2021. Bellingham was referring to a case that led to the German official being banned for six months in 2006, after a match between Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich in December 2021. The Guardian understands Uefa has complete confidence in Zwayer, who has been Fifa listed since 2012.

Zwayer hit the headlines in 2014 when his punishment, which was handed down by Germany’s football federation (DFB) after he had worked alongside the referee Robert Hoyzer, finally came to light. Hoyzer was banned for life and Zwayer was among the officials who brought his match-fixing plot into the open, which was reflected in the relatively short ban.

According to Zwayer, he was asked by Hoyzer to fix the result of a 2. Bundesliga match between Rot-Weiss Essen and Cologne. “When I got this firm offer from Hoyzer, I went to my refereeing colleagues,” he said. “I stress once again that I strongly rejected this offer straightaway.”

He has always denied being involved in Hoyzer’s fix of a game between Wuppertal and Werder Bremen B in 2004, although a DFB investigation discovered he had accepted a payment of €300 from Hoyzer.

So will he have a bet on which minute Bellingham gets sent off? :eek:

Has anyone seen this clip of a Bielsa? Uncannily sums up where my thoughts have often been drifting regarding this competition

Having watched the Uruguay v Brazil shitshow at the weekend I think he has a bit of a cheek to talk about football becoming unattractive. Although I did find watching Araujo beating up that little git Endrick quite funny.

Having watched the Uruguay v Brazil shitshow at the weekend I think he has a bit of a cheek to talk about football becoming unattractive. Although I did find watching Araujo beating up that little git Endrick quite funny.
His comments ( abstract as they are ) were more on what the game ,has become rather than promoting his coaching style which has varied at the teams he has had. But yeah the point is to change it.

450401385_10161080449986858_8782614017139811007_n.jpg

I expect if you put together a highlights reel for England in the tournament it would be the best of all the teams. Spectacular passing it back to Pickford goals, near misses, and at least a handful of beautiful midfield touches/turns

48c52870-4159-11ef-b74c-bb483a802c97.png

33583140-4158-11ef-96a8-e710c6bfc866.png

4a8c2240-4158-11ef-b74c-bb483a802c97.png

57889b80-4159-11ef-96a8-e710c6bfc866.png

22bb4340-4158-11ef-9e1c-3b4a473456a6.png

87331233-13633635-image-a-56_1720991876254.jpg

87331235-13633635-image-a-54_1720991817115.jpg

87332309-13633635-image-a-75_1720993068394.jpg

87331769-13633635-image-a-68_1720992472534.jpg

A defeat for perpetually misplaced hubris and self-entitlement,

Congratulations to the best team in the tournament.

"It's Coming Home".​

Copy and paste job:

Since the start of 2023, RODRI has lifted twice as many trophies (8) as he has lost games (4) for club and country.
◉ 2x Premier League
◉ FA Cup
◉ Champions League
◉ Super Cup
◉ Club World Cup
◉ Nations League
◉ European Championship - NEW:cool:
◉ 22/23 UCL Final Player of the Match
◉ 22/23 UCL Player of the Season
◉ 2023 Club World Cup Golden Ball
◉ 2023 Nations League Finals Best Player
◉ 2024 EUROs Player of the Tournament - NEW :cool:

Copy and paste job:

Since the start of 2023, RODRI has lifted twice as many trophies (8) as he has lost games (4) for club and country.
◉ 2x Premier League
◉ FA Cup
◉ Champions League
◉ Super Cup
◉ Club World Cup
◉ Nations League
◉ European Championship - NEW:cool:
◉ 22/23 UCL Final Player of the Match
◉ 22/23 UCL Player of the Season
◉ 2023 Club World Cup Golden Ball
◉ 2023 Nations League Finals Best Player
◉ 2024 EUROs Player of the Tournament - NEW :cool:
“Nations League Finals Best Player” 😂

Some of those are a bit silly. You could have just said ‘Rodri plays for Man City and Spain’.

Back
Top Bottom