Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Energy problem solved!!!???!!!

The best solar roadway yet is a write-off - but the original American one ploughs on relentlessly ...

Last edited:
If only we could utilise the intense heat-energy stored inside a toasted pittabread, our energy crisis would finally be resolved.

Last edited:
And it appears the Dutch were stupid enough to use what failed as a cycle path (solar cells glued to prefabricated concrete sections) as a bus lane ... It failed within a week.

Somewhat timely with that dam threatening to burst ...

How about storing grid energy by building a massive pile of concrete blocks with an automated crane ...

Thunderf00t had a laugh at this lot :-
But googling reveals lots of gravity storage plans out there

If Thunderf00t and EEvblog weren't so childish in the manner of their YouTube videos maybe more people would listen to them.

If Thunderf00t and EEvblog weren't so childish in the manner of their YouTube videos maybe more people would listen to them.
Or maybe if Thundercunt wasnt some sort of alt right twat. Wouldn't give that piece of shit the views whatever the subject.

Yes I know - Thunderf00t is such a self-absorbed windbag ... I don't watch EEVBLOG much either - at least he doesn't go off on Feminists !11!! at every opportunity ...

Or maybe if Thundercunt wasnt some sort of alt right twat. Wouldn't give that piece of shit the views whatever the subject.
He's actually rare amongst that crowd - more circa Tony Blair -ish - except when it comes to gender stuff ... which is enough to keep me away from his stuff as much as possible.

Oh that's alright then. He's only horrifically prejudiced against half the population.
I find his information sufficiently useful to hope he might one day be redeemed.
I wish I knew what happened in his past to make him like that ...

gentlegreen here's your chance to become a YouTube star: condense Thunderf00t's and EEVblog's into something measured & sane.

When you've got a million subscribers maybe you could do a video about home-made bike lights ("A million Lumens? You ain't seen nothin' yet....")

I idly breezed over to look at the French experiment yesterday ...

Wattway are still trading - it seems they may have deployed several different kins of panel on this test road ...

wattway2019.jpg

Last edited:
And Wattway strike again - this time in the USA - a couple of hundred metres from the building belonging to the project with a near-perfect flat roof ...
In fact, acres of nice flat roofs nearby and apparently no solar panels in sight in 2020...
They've apparently realised it's not a good idea to drive on the panels ... it would be an interesting cycling experience in the wet ...

Peachtree Corners' solar installation will produce more than 1,300 kilowatt-hours of electricity annually, according to the city. That electricity will be used for a Level 2 electric-car charging station at city hall, which EV drivers will be able to use for free. An energy-storage system will allow for nighttime use.

An electrified car's battery capacity is measured in kilowatt hours (kWh). As an example, the Tesla Model S 75D has a 75kWh battery. It has a real-world range of around 230 miles, meaning you use (on average) 32.6kWh of electricity per hundred miles.21 Feb 2019

So 17 full charges per year - and presumably only possible until the lane actually fills up with electric and autonomous vehicles ...

Last edited:
The original and "best" is still coining it in ...

Trump's America keeps on giving ...

Solar FREAKIN' Roadways has just raised over $1M by selling common stock in the company! AND has scored ANOTHER government contract!, this time from the Department of Defence! Solar FREAKIN' Aircraft Carriers!

Solar roads... that you drive cars and lorries on. Well they aren't going to last long. How about solar roofs, much less wear and tear but a bit more costly to install.

Solar roads... that you drive cars and lorries on. Well they aren't going to last long. How about solar roofs, much less wear and tear but a bit more costly to install.

Because that's normal and boring and sensible and people are already doing that all over the world. In order to trick gullible investors, you need a flashy new idea that only seems sensible if you never once think about it too hard.

Somewhat more sensible than the French's dreadful solar road nonsense...
One way to tax car parks.

Last edited:
Oh noes not again ...
High speed wireless car charging ...

What could possibly go wrong ?

Scalextric IRL

Back
Top Bottom