Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Easyjet - how shit are they at the moment?

Oula

Voice of a Goddess Giant
Anyone flown with them lately?
If I book with them am I going to instantly regret it, like I did with Wizz in the summer?

Yeah a few times recently out of Gatwick. No major delays and organised at the airports so can't fault them there.

Couple of things to note is that they charge for overhead cabin bags now and seem to check regularly that they're the right size. We found that just getting one hold is better than us both taking cabin bags. The only thing that's free is a rucksack size bag that fits under the seat.

Second thing is they very rarely have much food on board, best to take a picnic.

Apart from that no complaints.

We flew to Italy with them in April and back from France with them in May. They were fine. I don't mean that like damning with feint praise. They weren't Ryanair. That was good. We were with young children. It was, erm, easy.

I think theyre fine. flown with them 6 times this year and no problems at all. Theyre v consistent. Theyre also less strict than they used to be about some stuff IMO.

Just dont fly with Jet2 the useless fucking pricks.

They are fine , prices seem to lurch about a bit but I've used them on two return journeys this year, and Ive just booked another flight with them for October.

Never had a problem with easyjet or Ryanair. Just navigating the baggage crap is the hard part but I've always just paid for it up front and gone priority with seats booked which often means the original cheap quote is about 3 times in reality.

This week done Luton - Porto and back again.

Going out we were 2 hours down - 30 mines late inwards + 90 mins delay caused by the airport logistics.

Coming back today - perfection , 20 mins early and no delays anywhere in security and passports.

So basically OK , and there were a few empty seats as well.

They've been mostly fine in my experience. Save for the odd bag nazi at the gate. I was once not allowed to carry my book onto the plane unless it was stored 'in my carry on bag' because 'everything has to fit in your bag' because... 'rules' :rolleyes:

That said, almost every bad experience I've had on an airline is because of loud/drunk/irritating people on it rather than the actual airline being at fault.

Update - they were fine. And certainly much better than Wizz.

Unbranded, white planes that they had brewed from someone else each way. 40 mins delay taking off on way out but we made the time back, no problems on way back. No one complained about how big our bags were. Very limited food selection each way - they weren't doing hot food and were out of lots of things on the menu. One broken toilet on the way back and they kept closing another one too which was annoying, but more annoying for everyone else when my 5 year old had a super long, super stinky shit. But overall fine.

Top capitalist tips from TopCat. :thumbs:

Seriously man, a cold pile of dog shit is better than RyanAir.
Cold dog shit has far more integrity than RyanAir. I booked extra legroom with RA and they had double booked the seat and tried to make me swallow. Was great fun calmly saying I would not be travelling and was going to disembark. I intimated that it might take a while for me to spot and take off my hold luggage too. Lots of crappy threats. Ultimately I got my seat and free food and drink and took proper advantage of the latter.

Flew Ryanair in July, first time in over 20 years, was fine. Well, the queue to check in bags stretched the whole length of the terminal at Stansted, luckily we only had hand luggage, the fast track security queue was longer than the non-fast track. But the gate and boarding was slick, the seat comfy enough, enough leg room for a 2 hour flight, snacks and drinks decent value, wasn't hassled for scratch cards, arrived bang on time. Was fine. Guess having piss-poor expectations helps, also knowing what you must buy in advance and not try turning up with baggage you haven't paid for etc. It's not Singapore Air first class, but it is what it is and was better than I was expecting.

Flying EasyJet tomorrow, and they say that the boarding pass has to be either printed out or displayed on their app, and that they don't accept PDFs on phones. I'll probably do one of those things anyway to save myself the stress of worrying, but is that actually true or are they bullshitting? "We can scan a code on a printed pass but we can't scan it on a PDF" sounds incredibly made-up.

Desperately trying to charge you £25 to print out a boarding pass at the airport

Easyjet are certainly better than the awful jizzair but that's hardly a high bar to clear. I would only ever do RyanAir if the only other way home was a 1500km walk across cold stony ground in bare blistered feet.

E2A- easyjet used to be really good, sadly Ryanair has become the default service level for budget flights since Covid. Wizz Air seems to take the view that as you're not paying very much for their services they are quite within their rights to treat you like cattle and not apologise for doing so.

Flying EasyJet tomorrow, and they say that the boarding pass has to be either printed out or displayed on their app, and that they don't accept PDFs on phones. I'll probably do one of those things anyway to save myself the stress of worrying, but is that actually true or are they bullshitting? "We can scan a code on a printed pass but we can't scan it on a PDF" sounds incredibly made-up.

I call bullshit on the PDF on phone thing. But I'd download the app just to be safe.

ETA just saw this was posted in November. Hope it was a nice trip :)

I call bullshit on the PDF on phone thing. But I'd download the app just to be safe.

ETA just saw this was posted in November. Hope it was a nice trip :)
It was! Yeah, I thought much the same, I'm 99% sure I would've been fine with a PDF but downloaded their shitty app anyway to avoid the worry.

Easyjet don't charge to print boarding passes at the airport. The QR code on the PDF on your phone should work fine though.

Flew with them 5 times last year. Consistently fine.

Recent flight this year they asked me to measure my bag in the things. It was clearly too big. I just rummaged with it til the woman got occupied elsewhere then wandered off. Theyre rarely nazis about rucksacks and soft bags IME.

In general you can get away with a bigger soft bag or backpack than you can for a suitcase but as always YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom