Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urgent name question on easyjet - made a spelling mistake

Missed this thread.

My OH was one refused a flight because he booked the ticked in the name Chris and it says Christopher on his passport. He had to buy a new ticket at the desk to get home (later refunded when he complained. Bellends)

I did exactly this with my own ticket on Monarch, no one batted an eyelid. (on the same trip Frau Bahn was pregnant and beyond the time when allowed to fly home, I got her a baggy jacket to wear and we just travelled. World's worst travel agent)

I have a very close friend who is in charge of check in for a major carrier at Heathrow, we have talked about this quite a lot, basically she says the role of her staff is to ensure passengers move through the airport as smoothly as possible, so as long as it is clearly the same person, Chris/Christopher, Liz/Elizabeth, Manter/Manther and so on, they wave you through. Easyjet normally do the same too.

Ryanair are cunts.

I need to change a flight to Ireland for a wedding because of a funeral on the initially booked day (they should let me off for having such an Irish travel problem :D) but I suspect I'm going to come up against this. Sigh.

They'll charge you the change fee + fare difference. They don't care about the funeral, their view is claim it on your travel insurance.

Back
Top Bottom