Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dog hair in office chair wheels.

Dandred

Mmmmm Beer!
Any dog owners found a decent way of removing hair from office chair wheels?

I've just bought a nice chair and it has already started picking up hairs, in my old chair they basically split the wheels apart. For the new chair I'm going to burn them out every week or two, but is there a better solution? Veet, maybe, but would that mess up the wheels?

I've seen guides suggesting taking them a part, but I was hoping for an easier fix.

its not going to be one or two thick hairs is it, the build up will slowly force the plastic fixtures apart until the wheel splits, in much the same way as the final straw broke the camel's back.
Yes but wouldn’t the hairs have to be quite long for that to happen? How long do dog hairs get?!

Maybe you could immerse the whole chair periodically into a bath full of that toxic drain cleaning fluid that dissolves all things organic.

I was thinking along those lines. Get some plastic bags and immerse each chair wheel in the solution overnight. Rinse off with a hose or something in the morning.

I’ve got four dogs and two seem to moult all year round . Even though I hoover the room they are allowed in every morning the wheels on the hoover still end up being matted with dog hair . I end up using a scalpel to cut the hairs and tweezers to pull them out . Soul destroying .

I’ve got four dogs and two seem to moult all year round . Even though I hoover the room they are allowed in every morning the wheels on the hoover still end up being matted with dog hair . I end up using a scalpel to cut the hairs and tweezers to pull them out . Soul destroying .
Have you tried veet?

Back
Top Bottom