Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do you feel frustrated about an issue after reading the news and feel you want to do something?

Can you point to any examples of online petitions doing something other than filling up inboxes of people who don't wanna sign them?

There are examples of cases, where people were able to make an impact by combining their efforts - Nearly every hour, a petition on Change.org achieves victory . One could say that even in those occasions the role of 1 person is critical. There are also examples of normal people creating change on a large scale (Malala Yousafzai - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , Mohamed Bouazizi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) . So I believe that even signing a petition could play a key role and also the role of 1 person can snowball and mobilize many other people.

There are examples of cases, where people were able to make an impact by combining their efforts - Nearly every hour, a petition on Change.org achieves victory . One could say that even in those occasions the role of 1 person is critical. There are also examples of normal people creating change on a large scale (Malala Yousafzai - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , Mohamed Bouazizi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) . So I believe that even signing a petition could play a key role and also the role of 1 person can snowball and mobilize many other people.
You want people to set themselves on fire?

I thought parliament was in recess until new year :D

while queueing for food, i heard something that us provincial types probably haven't heard before - a couple of late teen-early twenties women were chatting and obviously looking at their social media: one was showing a picture to her friends of some other girls tattoo. she said, and i quote, 'OMG, that is such a White Girl tattoo...'

i won't pretend i know what that means, but my instant reaction was to have my eyebrows hit my hairline - and you know how far my eyebrows are from my hairline - and think 'what in the name of holy fuck..?'

Back
Top Bottom