Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DIY disinfectant what can i use?

She asked what other vaccinations I wanted out of the stuff I'd missed but refused to give any information or advice as to what I could/should still have and apparently just expected me to choose based on what I liked the sound of. Also I had to work out my age rather than knowing it the second she asked, which was enough of a problem for her to mention it in her notes after the appt.

Was she quite young? I've always considered it fairly normal to have to stop and think for a minute when asked my age since I got over 40 - birthdays tend to blend into one after a while. Most people I know seem to do it too.

Was she quite young? I've always considered it fairly normal to have to stop and think for a minute when asked my age since I got over 40 - birthdays tend to blend into one after a while. Most people I know seem to do it too.
Not especially. (I don't celebrate birthdays so I've always had to think but these days I have to double-check the current year before I can work it out :oops:) Other clinical staff have always been alright but the receptionists at that practice used to act like I was trying to defraud the NHS out of unnecessary blood tests whenever I tried to book one, maybe she thought I'd stolen someone's identity to do the same with vaccines 🤷

Getting a gp appointment is such hard work that I’ve got a growing list of ailments and questions so will add tetanus booster to the list for that ten minute appointment whenever it may be.

She asked what other vaccinations I wanted out of the stuff I'd missed but refused to give any information or advice as to what I could/should still have and apparently just expected me to choose based on what I liked the sound of. Also I had to work out my age rather than knowing it the second she asked, which was enough of a problem for her to mention it in her notes after the appt.
that's really poor :mad:

I go for vodka (someone mentioned already) or perfume. I've heard you're not supposed to use perfume that way as it could stain the skin (which sounds sus, how doesn't it do that when you're using it according to its purpose then?). When I was a kid my parents would use iodine but that's just some sort of Soviet-derived system of torture, I do not recommend. Vodka doesn't sting as badly as people fear, if you're really struggling you could do a gulp or two before applying it to your cut.

That's because our memories go after 40 so we have to stop and work out how old we are. At least I do. :oops:

I go for vodka (someone mentioned already) or perfume. I've heard you're not supposed to use perfume that way as it could stain the skin (which sounds sus, how doesn't it do that when you're using it according to its purpose then?). When I was a kid my parents would use iodine but that's just some sort of Soviet-derived system of torture, I do not recommend. Vodka doesn't sting as badly as people fear, if you're really struggling you could do a gulp or two before applying it to your cut.
We still have iodine, said squashed toe was a riot of colour by time I'd finished what with the blood plus that.

We still have iodine, said squashed toe was a riot of colour by time I'd finished what with the blood plus that.
How bad was the sting? In my memories iodine stung like hell but I do wonder if I was just a kid and therefore a wuss. The colour is pretty brilliant.

How bad was the sting? In my memories iodine stung like hell but I do wonder if I was just a kid and therefore a wuss. The colour is pretty brilliant.
Didn't seem that bad, maybe it's a milder formulation? Though wound wasn't that sore either considering how bad it looked, maybe my toes are losing feeling as I age.

I should really get a tetanus jab coz I missed the booster you're meant to have in your teens and I'm always cleaning soil and manure and all sorts out of cuts from work, but last time I tried just ended up having a bizarre row with a nurse at my GP practice.
It´s every 10 years, but looking at the NHS website kids today get a serious of 5 jabs to 18 without further boosters. I remember my last one was in the USA in the aftermath of 9/11, when it was difficult to get a jab

Remember gentian violet?

I loved that so much. I’d go to the school nurse for even the most minor scrape just so I could get purple knees and elbows.

It´s every 10 years, but looking at the NHS website kids today get a serious of 5 jabs to 18 without further boosters. I remember my last one was in the USA in the aftermath of 9/11, when it was difficult to get a jab
Yeah I never had the final one as I'd already left school by then, last jab I had would've been when I was three years old.

Back
Top Bottom