Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

'Diss' Records, a guide.

Madusa

Baller
Can I have some recommendations of diss records... hip hop if poss. (do they even do this in other genres?) Youtube links please and who they're dissing, why, if you know and any links to the retaliation.

Feel like checking them all out this lunchtime. :D

Cold Gettin Dumb Part 2 - Just Ice taking out Kurtis Blow. Quite tame by recent standards but still worth hearing.

the wutang one was good

fuck 50cent. they just made it cos when he came out and they thought he was fuckin shit i think :D

then his reply which is realy fuckn weak

Oh yeah, in the mid 90's MC Lyte did a song bitching about Roxanne Chante for what, I dont remember... it was just a track on Lyte's album but it was quite cool. Bitch fight! :D

Will check all these out. Cheers!

What was the one where Eazy E and Ice Cube had a falling out and were dissing each other on tracks? Anyone got any links to those... and then there was Dr. Dre and Ice Cube too wasnt there? Anyone got any info on these?

Roxanne, Roxanne - UTFO
Roxanne's Revenge - Roxanne Shante

1980's Hip Hop feud that spiralled in to utter silliness.

:D

Roxanne, Roxanne - UTFO
Roxanne's Revenge - Roxanne Shante

1980's Hip Hop feud that spiralled in to utter silliness.

:D

Hehehe, and MC Lyte's song had a chant in the chorus that just went ''Roxanne Chante is only good for steady FUCKING, Roxanne Chante is only good for steady FUCKING'' :D

the wutang one was good

fuck 50cent. they just made it cos when he came out and they thought he was fuckin shit i think :D

then his reply which is realy fuckn weak

Nah, based on those two links, the Wu gets it- not that it was even that good, just that 50cent's diss tune is WACK!

It's cos he's been shot in the mouth, innit? :D

Dude, you should watch Get Rich or Die Trying about 50cent's life. It's pretty good. You can watch it online on the 'watch movies.net' website under the biographies section. :cool:

Anyway, wiki has a comprehensive list of hip hop feuds so I'm going to work my way through those and link to the best/funniest ones. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip-hop_feud

my brother told me said it was really good as well, I'm jus not interested cos I don't like his music, i know he had a mental life and so on....

that new biggie film is ok. it's not great, but it's worth a watch just cos it's got loads of biggie tunes in....

Hehehe, and MC Lyte's song had a chant in the chorus that just went ''Roxanne Chante is only good for steady FUCKING, Roxanne Chante is only good for steady FUCKING'' :D

Which is a reference to 'The Bridge is Over' by BDP - during which KRS-1, that paragon of Hip Hop culture, states 'Roxanne Shante is only good for steady pumping'.

fuck this might take me a while!

Okay:

N.w.a vs dre/ice cube

End's weren't being split right yo!

cannabis vs llcoolj
LL doesn't understand the difference between a complement and a diss, yo!

ll can't be arsd anymore.

Krs one vs nelly! lol

Krs felt disrespected so went off on one.

nelly reply is on a bennie siegal track on the training day soundtrack is memory serves but its only 16 bars and its shit.

ice cube vs cypress hill

Cube nicked a hook off cypress hill and they weren't happy. some well good tunes.

Eminem vs everlast

Fuck knows. To be honest.

Nas vs jay-z

take your pick. Jay-z fucked nas' baby mamma, jay-z started dissing while nas' mum was dieing. Umm stuff.

Right thats all i can be arsed with at the moment. But you should have look at the massive eminem/d-12/g-unit vs murda inc/the source as well.

And the deathrow vs bad boy stuff. Obviously

Also try and find the four beef documentries they cover everything fairly well and are highyl entertaining.

I love beef!

Oh the 50 cent film is not biographical! its very made up, apart from anything else he was much higher up the drug dealer chain. Its kinda based on his life but its like saying 8 mile is an eminem biography. Its just not. Tis why the names are all wrong and stuff. No, Tony yayo or buck or proof or whatever.

dave

WTF?? BDP vs. PM Dawn? LMAO!! :D

While trying to find out what happened there, I found this:

krs_pmdawn.jpg

:confused::D

Which is a reference to 'The Bridge is Over' by BDP - during which KRS-1, that paragon of Hip Hop culture, states 'Roxanne Shante is only good for steady pumping'.

Ahhh!! ok! Cheers for contextualizing that! Makes sense! :cool:

fuck this might take me a while!

Okay:

N.w.a vs dre/ice cube

End's weren't being split right yo!

cannabis vs llcoolj
LL doesn't understand the difference between a complement and a diss, yo!

ll can't be arsd anymore.

Krs one vs nelly! lol

Krs felt disrespected so went off on one.

ice cube vs cypress hill

Cube nicked a hook off cypress hill and they weren't happy. some well good tunes.

Eminem vs everlast

Fuck knows. To be honest.

Nas vs jay-z

take your pick. Jay-z fucked nas' baby mamma, jay-z started dissing while nas' mum was dieing. Umm stuff.

Right thats all i can be arsed with at the moment. But you should have look at the massive eminem/d-12/g-unit vs murda inc/the source as well.

And the deathrow vs bad boy stuff. Obviously

Also try and find the four beef documentries they cover everything fairly well and are highyl entertaining.

I love beef!

dave

Dayum! You ROCK! :cool: Beefy Sunday! :cool:

that wasn't even fair.

busy bee going with the ba-de-ba, im the greatest party mc stuff and kool mo dee comes in with

(doesn't start till about 1:12)

Yo, busy bee i don't mean to be bold but put that ba-diddyba shit on hold!

Allegedly the first diss eva that. You can kinda tell.

dave

Back
Top Bottom