Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DISASTER!

Pingu

Credo
i may be developing an intolerance to cheese. I have started getting the squits after eating cheese and am going for some tests in the new year.

man this will suck donkey balls if it turns out to be the case

time to stock up on the loo roll for Christmas i think

Tests on the NHS or ones you have to pay for? :hmm:

The good news is that intolerance to cheese doesn't always mean all cheese. AFAIK people who can't digest cow's milk products are often still okay with moderate amounts of similar products made from sheep's milk or goat's milk.

Some of the dyes used can have that result, not intolerance to your actual cheese. I never got the taste for blue cheeses 'cos my mom was allergic (very badly, she would swell up if she tasted the stuff - actually the penicillin, so drinking some milk from a cow being treated with penicillin for mastitis was dangerous for her)
However, the only time I tried some Stilton I got the squits ............

i may be developing an intolerance to cheese. I have started getting the squits after eating cheese and am going for some tests in the new year.

it is always a good idea to have loo roll for christmas.

...makes for an economical Christmas decoration I always think...

WB%20001--_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg

Mrs Sprocket suffers from this and it really winds her because she loves cheese.
Her symptoms at first caused stomach upsets but if she has dairy accidentally or without her tablets beforehand she has difficulty breathing.
We have a fridge full of Lactofree products and to be honest the milk, butter and mature hard cheese are the same as standard dairy produce.
But these work well, not cheap but if we are going out for a meal she swears by these for making eating cheese possible.

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sh...&istBid=tztx&gclid=CKz5tqiYvsICFTLJtAodiAcAVA

Mrs Sprocket suffers from this and it really winds her because she loves cheese.
Her symptoms at first caused stomach upsets but if she has dairy accidentally or without her tablets beforehand she has difficulty breathing.
We have a fridge full of Lactofree products and to be honest the milk, butter and mature hard cheese are the same as standard dairy produce.
But these work well, not cheap but if we are going out for a meal she swears by these for making eating cheese possible.

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sh...&istBid=tztx&gclid=CKz5tqiYvsICFTLJtAodiAcAVA

:hmm:

blood and pooh test first to rule out something called candida. initial referal was done via gp but speeded up via private health cover.

its only chees that has this efect. milk and other dairy products have no effect

blood and pooh test first to rule out something called candida. initial referal was done via gp but speeded up via private health cover. <snip>
"Candida" is thrush.

Edited to add: Not usually a problem for healthy adults, but if you're a bit run down (or have been on antibiotics) this fungus can become overactive anywhere along the digestive tract (as well as along the any other openings into the body) and spread further than usual.

I have a similar problem to Pingu, but it seems to be worse with cheap cheese (no idea what they put in it!) It's far more likely to occur after eating something like baked spud and cheese in a cafe, getting a sandwich at work, etc. whereas I can eat the most exotic of cheeses in small quantities at home with few ill effects. Goat and sheep cheese are definitely less likely to cause an eruption for me.
I have to be careful in restaurants where the veggie option is often a cheesy starter followed by a cheesy main course. :mad:

One of the side-effects of my recent operation is that I now fall asleep after a bit of a cheese binge. Stilton is basically like valium to me now. If I have some I've got to have a good hour put aside for the inevitable cheese coma that follows. Naturally, this isn't anything like enough to deter me from eating it.

One of the side-effects of my recent operation is that I now fall asleep after a bit of a cheese binge. Stilton is basically like valium to me now. If I have some I've got to have a good hour put aside for the inevitable cheese coma that follows. Naturally, this isn't anything like enough to deter me from eating it.
A cheese coma has a nice ring to it. :D

I haven't eaten much cheese recently, but I'd be gutted if I could never eat it again. :(

My cat goes crazy for milk but we buy her cat milk. We have to be careful with breakfast bowls though, last year I put my full bowl of porridge on the coffee table and I turned back and she was hoofing it.

I can't imagine a world without cheese especially Cornish cruncher cheddar.

Back
Top Bottom