Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DHFC Women's Team

Great to see the highlights up - Thanks
Really helps promote the women's team

truth is Hamlet could have got another 11 goals with the opportunities they had
but to come back when 3-2 away in front of a partisan crowd - showed great gut

Lots of great performances all round , but especially great ball control from our strikers

personally still a big fan of Liz Wicks - what a player

I’ve told you before. Click on the word and then go for the ‘Look Up’ option. It’s quicker than replying to say you can’t be bothered to look it up.:)

Ssshhhhh. You're using common sense. This is Mishi you're talking to after all. ;)

Dulwich Hamlet Women’s team went down 1-0 at Champion Hill to Denham United in the league cup. The team looked a little lethargic today but will hopefully get their mojo back for a vital top of the table clash v QPR next Sunday

Match pics from Max

dulwich-women-0-1-denham-01.jpg

dulwich-women-0-1-denham-03.jpg

dulwich-women-0-1-denham-13.jpg

dulwich-women-0-1-denham-19.jpg

Dulwich Hamlet Women out of the League Cup after 0-1 defeat to Denham United, Sun 1st Dec 2019

Good luck to our Women’s team v QPR today. Also don’t forget the celebration of the life of Farouk Menia in the bar at 5pm.

Most enjoyable game of football I've watched since the club returned to Champion Hill.

What would it take for more people to come to support the Women's team?

Most enjoyable game of football I've watched since the club returned to Champion Hill.

What would it take for more people to come to support the Women's team?
Now there’s a question for the media team really...

I (once again) took my 2 1/2year old to both games this weekend. He liked both, but of the two I’d say he had most fun at the Women’s game. This is because, being 2 1/2, he doesn’t watch that much of the game, he wants to kick his ball, play with stickers and climb the terrace steps. There’s more space for him to do all that at the Women’s game.

Don’t want to generalise to all kids of all ages, but if what he likes is what they all like maybe the Club’s marketing focus could shift to attracting families to the Women’s game rather than the Men’s, on the basis they’ll find it more enjoyable? Maybe free school tickets etc should be for the Women’s - or at the very least to both?

I (once again) took my 2 1/2year old to both games this weekend. He liked both, but of the two I’d say he had most fun at the Women’s game. This is because, being 2 1/2, he doesn’t watch that much of the game, he wants to kick his ball, play with stickers and climb the terrace steps. There’s more space for him to do all that at the Women’s game.

Don’t want to generalise to all kids of all ages, but if what he likes is what they all like maybe the Club’s marketing focus could shift to attracting families to the Women’s game rather than the Men’s, on the basis they’ll find it more enjoyable? Maybe free school tickets etc should be for the Women’s - or at the very least to both?
I'm doing my best to plug the Women's team on Buzz (with the help of Max).
Every page posted on Buzz gets tweeted out to 25k followers and shared on FB.

View attachment 192401 View attachment 192402 View attachment 192403 View attachment 192404 View attachment 192405 View attachment 192406 View attachment 192407 View attachment 192408 View attachment 192409 Some more photos here from a very enjoyable game in very difficult conditions weather wise and lovely tributes to Farouk in the bar afterwards from the players telling their stories, a couple of great poems about what he meant to them.
more pix ---> Dulwich Hamlet FC Woman vs QPR Woman | Better or worse
If you can be arsed, you could add a comment to the Buzz page with the link to your pics....

the run up to the first goal was so exciting to watch. The atmosphere made it seem there was more than two hundred fans there.
The women's games are definitely more fun to watch especially if you have young children with you.

Back
Top Bottom