Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Depressing adverts on TV

nightowl

Another day on that hamster wheel we call life
Seems to be a non-stop stream of get life insurance because you're going to die, get funeral cover because you're going to die and leave your family in debt etc etc etc. It's especially bad during daytime TV. Anyone else automatically hitting the mute button as soon as the ad breaks come on these days?

The ads are targeted at the likely audience that's watching a particular channel, at any given time.

Looks like you've just got old.

We mute the charity ads quicker than anyone who actually hates charities.

I give it three posts max before someone posts something along the lines of "people still watch TV??"

We mute the charity ads quicker than anyone who actually hates charities.

<sad voice>

will YOU give just two pounds a month to save the poor fluffy animals?

:p

I sometimes wonder if the crapness of daytime TV is a government plot to get people to make more of an effort to get a job...

Deadhappy life insurance are in trouble for one of their adverts (not a tv one) featuring a picture of Harold Shipman with the tagline "because you never know who your next doctor might be".

Just seen a TV advert from them featuring a cartoon of someone with no heating, icicles all over their house and hanging off them, grumbling that they should have taken out life insurance.

I detest the majority of adverts these days. So many of them are using covers of very great songs to promote their product and in the majority of instances, it is an extremely poor version of the song. They are doing it to create an ear worm with that well catchy song and doing it cheaply presumably not paying full royalties to the original performer and bypassing the need for permission to use it.

Back
Top Bottom