Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dance music people! Help me DJ music I know next to nothing about!

also it is a fact that sets by people who really love and have lots of knowledge about the music are sometimes boring because they're too careful, whereas someone who doesn't know that much sometimes accidentally makes something really cool and interesting! Not always, but sometimes.

yeuch that's an awful idea too, everyone just listening to whatever an algorhythm suggest. (i know you were doing an obvious wind up but still).
I’m completely serious.

Not an algorithm - the vast bulk of playlists are created by users. There’s loads of them for every possible genre, some quite incredibly niche. It’s a great way of finding really good tracks.

I think clandestino should get someone else to DJ. People should only be playing records that they know and like.

I am only playing songs that I like. And now that I've done some research, which includes this thread, I know them. So neeerrrrrr to you OU! :p

Also this is a bit of fun for me. I regularly DJ indie and soul music. I do like some electronic stuff. I thought it would be fun to put together a set and use the "skills" I've acquired over (cough) 20 years of indie and soul DJ-ing to put together some sort of dancey set.

You're right though. Everyone should stay in their lane. That Norman Cook should never have left The Housemartins.

Loads more to go through here, thanks everyone. I've almost finished my set, just need one more song. Maybe it's here. What I really want is a full length version, with the slowing down bit, but without the moaning, of French Kiss. Great song but the moaning feels a bit dubious in 2020 - to my ears anyway.

Loads more to go through here, thanks everyone. I've almost finished my set, just need one more song. Maybe it's here. What I really want is a full length version, with the slowing down bit, but without the moaning, of French Kiss. Great song but the moaning feels a bit dubious in 2020 - to my ears anyway.

It's all about the moaning, surely? :p

Back
Top Bottom