Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cultural Appropriation

2+2=5(D Abbott)

Banned
Banned
My wife and I will soon be visiting Cornwall. We would like to enjoy a traditional cream tea but do not wish to cause offence. We are unsure if it is appropriate to first apply cream or jam to the scone. We understand that the correct application of cream/jam is very different in Cornwall and Devon and that we may fall foul of hate crime law if we get it wrong. Can anyone please advise?

My wife and I will soon be visiting Cornwall. We would like to enjoy a traditional cream tea but do not wish to cause offence. We are unsure if it is appropriate to first apply cream or jam to the scone. We understand that the correct application of cream/jam is very different in Cornwall and Devon and that we may fall foul of hate crime law if we get it wrong. Can anyone please advise?
No one gives a fuck. You're the poor bastard who'd have to eat it.

Also, cream doesn't really resemble butter. Butter is more solid and used more sparingly. And would be horrible in coffee.

Some dirty Italians at the Illy cafes have decided to mix coffee & dairy in a way I find very disturbing - not just for the pretentious language either:
"Incontro - A perfect harmony of ricotta and espresso Incontro is a happy encounter when the fresh taste of Ricotta cream comes together with illy espresso under a delicious layer of cold milk blended with cocoa."

OK ricotta is bland enough to go in sweet puddings and cakes but I have never, ever seen it combined with coffee anywhere in Italy and there must be reasons why.

Do as you wish.

Do one each way, offend everyone.

Back
Top Bottom