Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crystal Palace/Sydenham/Penge Chitter Chatter

We went to see the dinosaurs ( mrs tag is a friend of them ). Last time we saw them I think was when they were having a makeover. They now look very unloved and neglected. I see the park was going to start charging cars for parking in there. This was supposed to start a while ago but has not yet happened. Anyone know what's occuring.
I know several big events that used to start in the park like the Mini run and the Historic Commercial run but these have now moved elsewhere. This must have caused a drip in income.

Haven’t they only just (relatively) had that makeover!? The charging is supposedly to pay for stuff like reopening and maintaining the toilets. I think you can find a big consultation on it somewhere. Lots of moaning from the car-shaggers but it is very well served by public transport. And you can park for free on roads nearby if you really want.

Yeah i thought the dinosaurs had just had a makeover too. I don't really care that much for them, but like the lakey area where they are based.

I recently discovered the Anerley Arms quite near the park, which is a good place for a cheaper pint post park than the other places nearby. Locals were quite friendly to me when I popped in on my own. It is a Samuel Smiths though, which doesn't appeal to everyone.

A quick search reveals the dinosaurs had an emergency renovation in 2021. It does not look like anyone has been near them since. 😓

Back
Top Bottom