Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Covid 19 Home Barbering?

UnderOpenSky

baseline neural therapy
So with the lock down in place what you doing about it? Getting the clippers out? Letting it get shaggy? Trusting a loved one not to make it look like your mum cut your hair when you were a kid?

I'm still working and whilst I don't care that much, the thought has crossed my mind. The beard went recently as my token gesture to infection control (pics on the ugly mug thread).

I'm a bit torn. Don't know if it's a chance to go very shaggy for a good few months or just take the beard trimmer out again and do the lot....

I haven't shaved since sometime last week in a sort of experiment to see if I could get a decent beard. However it is irritating me at the moment, either blond or grey I can't decide and doesn't seem to be getting past the long and itchy stubble stage yet. There seems quite a good chance I will just cave in and shave it all off in the coming days! :)

As I recorded on here in close to real time, I went for the shave it all off option and fucked it initially, spent a few days with ridiculous patchy hair and a party at the back until I got my hands on different clippers. But sorted it now and have grown a bit of a beard and then re-clippered head and face (grade two) so I now have hair of equal length from neck up. Quite like it, had had the same haircut for about nine years so nice to change

Considering shaving off my eyebrows though cos when else will I get the chance with such limited repercussions. I only leave the house to slowly run a bit with a hat on

Considering it all off, bit more of a shave on my longer hair side, I have deliberately uneven lengths, then shave the other side back and proper mohawk it, leave it to go completely feral or something else undecided. I have a range of semi perm hair colours here so next video chat with my niece I'll be asking her to pick a colour(s) and going with that for a bit.

I tried to buy some clippers from the Argos click and collect at Sainsburys down the road. Sold out.

Not a bad thing - I want my hair a bit longer before I do a mohawk, die it red and lack and log into the team skype call.

It has to be done.

But yeah, really need a haircut and a shave. Getting sick of this.

I had a haircut not to long ago (9th/10th) and I don't have a great deal left anyway, however as this lockdown goes on and on this will become more of an issue if I let it get too long I look like the mad professor out of Back To The Future. I am putting off a decision on what to do for as long as possible.

As I recorded on here in close to real time, I went for the shave it all off option and fucked it initially, spent a few days with ridiculous patchy hair and a party at the back until I got my hands on different clippers. But sorted it now and have grown a bit of a beard and then re-clippered head and face (grade two) so I now have hair of equal length from neck up. Quite like it, had had the same haircut for about nine years so nice to change

Considering shaving off my eyebrows though cos when else will I get the chance with such limited repercussions. I only leave the house to slowly run a bit with a hat on
Why stop at your eyebrows? Just go for a full body no.2

I also have thick, luscious hair, and I'm keeping it short (#6 on top, but #4 round the sides), which I've been doing myself for a good 25 years anyway (I was doing lockdown stuff before it got trendy :hmm:) - nobody will notice a difference.

But I have decided that there's no real need to be shaving all the time, so I'm letting the facepubes grow, and just running over them from time to time with a #1 - the bushy beard look wouldn't be a good one on me...

I am dismayed by how much white there is in my beard :waaah:

Letting mine grow - not too long yet as I clippered it down to a zero crop about six weeks ago. Beard is getting a bit unruly already though, including waking up with bed-beard with it sticking out at odd angles.

Mrs Sas cuts mine, and it's about due. On the shaving front, I've gone to weekly (or when told FFS shave you scruffy git) whichever comes first.

I haven't been out of the house bar the back garden for a week, so don't really see the point in shaving.

I'm going to take the car out for a brisk run tomorrow, and fill up the tank.

Back
Top Bottom