Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Costume maker required.

19sixtysix

Life as viewed from a Gay Gorbals Garret
Does anyone know a good place to get a costume made in London. I'd like an 18th century naval costume made for a trip I'm doing next year.

Wimbledon College of Art. They have a theatrical costume dept (world-renowned). Maybe you can do a deal with one of the students and s/he can do a write up on the whole thing and tie in to your project.

Do you meant the drunk in the header or the bloke in the Bobby Shaftoe outfit? What are you going to be doing anyway?

Second picture down in tricorn hat.
I'm crewing on the Endeavour

sn_PgNo351_ANM%20END%20Arrives4.jpg

Reply from my costume maker friend.

"hmmm... kind of depends. If he/she wants something made to measure and to look proper, then a lot. If he/she wants something for a fancy dress do, less.
Is that an irritating enough of an answer for you?"

Reply from my costume maker friend.

"hmmm... kind of depends. If he/she wants something made to measure and to look proper, then a lot. If he/she wants something for a fancy dress do, less.
Is that an irritating enough of an answer for you?"

Thanks for that. I kind of need it to work as a bit of clothing not be a bit of website fancy dress pirate costume. I like authentic looking but doubt I'd want most of the original fabric like canvas. Her question is a reasonable one as I'm now thinking what I could actually get away with and kind of look ok. Looking at the picture above I think a the correct top half and a hat would probably do. Need to do thinking.

Thanks for that. I kind of need it to work as a bit of clothing not be a bit of website fancy dress pirate costume. I like authentic looking but doubt I'd want most of the original fabric like canvas. Her question is a reasonable one as I'm now thinking what I could actually get away with and kind of look ok. Looking at the picture above I think a the correct top half and a hat would probably do. Need to do thinking.

If you know exactly what you want I can put it to her.
She can sometime source stuff from places and maybe add to it to make it what you are after at a lesser cost than making something new.

If you know exactly what you want I can put it to her.
She can sometime source stuff from places and maybe add to it to make it what you are after at a lesser cost than making something new.

I think I need to do a bit more research and see what I'm after. I've also had some ideas to use maybe some ready made stuff. I feel a bit of shopping coming on. I kind of want it to look the part but be functional. More theatrical costume than fancy dress.

Back
Top Bottom