Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Computer chair cushion woes ...

gentlegreen

I hummus, therefore I am ...
I'm not insanely heavy now at just over 15 stones, but ..

I inherited a nice big high back computer chair from my neighbour.
The cushion was knackered so I bought a pair of memory foam ones from Aldi, but quickly proved my princess credentials .. I then put a conventional Aldi cushion on top and now that one is no longer doing its job ...

Right ... memory foam on top of conventional ...

:hmm:

I find a pillow has been the best thing for me so far. I'm probably heavier than you, I have a memory foam thingy which is okay but just using a pillow seemed better. My mum's buying me some new pillows for Christmas so I'll be able to rotate out one of the one's I sleep on right now for my chair. I mean, it'll go flat, but there's something about the hollowfibre filling that seems to work quite well.

You can get seat pads from Amazon and the like, ones that are meant to lift auld folk up a bit in their chairs so it's easier to get out of. I bet they'll be decently firm to last a while, since they're effectively meant to be booster pad things.

My main problem is I have a delicate coccyx. I hurt it doing nothing in particular years ago, and I couldn't sit down for months, literally months. Stand up, kneel, or lie down, that was it. On my breaks at work I would kneel on the chairs in the staff room, or just go for a wander round town for an hour. Anyway, I got a new chair for my office room, and it kind of tips me back a bit, so all my weight is on my coccyx. I don't generally suffer from coccyx pain anymore, but this has made it feel a bit tender again, so I need something a bit extra to cushion that area and stop it getting really bad.

Back
Top Bottom