Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chromebooks - latest news and discussion

It's good for small, light, cheap machines, you just need a web browser and really good battery life. I certainly got good value from the Chromebook I got seeing as it cost so little. The idea of a Chromebox for most users seems bonkers though. For me Chrome OS is very much a secondary thing and even then, now older Windows machines are good enough, unless battery life on a low budget was really the thing I needed, I'm unlikely to bother again.
That's the thing, though. My tablet has really good battery life. Much better than any laptop, and it's as fast as I could ever need for internet stuff. So if all I wanted was something that would do the internet, I'd use my tablet, because it'll do the job better than a Chromebook, and if I want something to do anything more demanding, I'd use a Windows or Linux machine.
A Chromebook makes zero sense to me. Maybe there is a point to them but I can't see it.

Can you cut out the 'haven't bothered' shit. chandlerp It isn't helpful. I do a lot of horticultural work and I am never sneery about anyone's lack of knowledge -'you just haven't bothered to cut back to the leaf axis/ use ericaceous compost/ prune to break apical dominance etc etc.. It's not like I was born knowing this stuff and like many older people, the rate and scale of change has just overtaken my ability to keep up.

Can you cut out the 'haven't bothered' shit. chandlerp It isn't helpful. I do a lot of horticultural work and I am never sneery about anyone's lack of knowledge -'you just haven't bothered to cut back to the leaf axis/ use ericaceous compost/ prune to break apical dominance etc etc.. It's not like I was born knowing this stuff and like many older people, the rate and scale of change has just overtaken my ability to keep up.
Anyway, I do think it is pointless, attempting to address this on a forum. I am just shelving the whole thing for a while, taking a complete break from online stuff (which obviates any need to upload, download or do anything at all)

I'm not good with plants -- I like them well enough, but I'm death to them, so hope that others will do things with them. But now I'm dying to use apical dominance in a sentence, even if I wouldn't recognise it coming down a dark alley.

Back
Top Bottom