Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Championship 2024-2025

Wednesday have signed six players already this summer, plus Windass, Bannan and most importantly Danny Rohl have signed new contracts. The Chairman has clearly found some cash down the back of the sofa. Or we're headed for more slaps on the back of the wrist for spending what we don't have again.

Byers, Vaulks, Bakinson, James, Gregory, Delgado and Dawson out. All on frees. Dawson's at Rovrum now. Isn't Beadle on loan again though? Most of the transfers are frees except for Kobacki.

Pretty gutted about Byers, Vaulks and Gregory leaving tbh, although I'm glad Windass is still knocking around. And Palmer's getting a testimonial.

Really excited by Millwall's signings so far. Tanganga staying <3 Langstaff from Notts is exactly the kind of player Harris likes to bring up. By all accounts Lukas Jensen is top notch from Lincoln, but obviously it's bitter sweet that we had to sign a new keeper :(

Palmer's testimonial was boss but JESUS CHRIST WINDASS JUST PUT THE BALL IN THE FUCKING NET.

Loved James Beadle though.

Sheffield Wednesday are sexual frustration in the form of a football team. I mean, no disrespect to Leeds, they are far better than us, but still. Also Röhl needs to drop Windass.

Well Wednesday were dreadful this afternoon. Second best in everything. Ugbo had a touch like trampoline today. Loads to sort out for the manager

We really have been dogshit this season, bar Plymouth, who are managed by Wayne Rooney, and Grimsby, who are in League 2, so it's kind of a low bar. It's worrying me.

Do you think Röhl should drop Bannan as well? I've seen a few Wednesday fans wondering if one of Röhl's issues is that certain players are undroppable. I hope we're not going to have a repeat of Monk not being able to rein in the likes of Westwood or Forestieri.

We really have been dogshit this season, bar Plymouth, who are managed by Wayne Rooney, and Grimsby, who are in League 2, so it's kind of a low bar. It's worrying me.

Do you think Röhl should drop Bannan as well? I've seen a few Wednesday fans wondering if one of Röhl's issues is that certain players are undroppable. I hope we're not going to have a repeat of Monk not being able to rein in the likes of Westwood or Forestieri.
No I definitely think Bannan remains the best player in the team. We need a bit of bite in the middle of the pitch, Musaba and Gassama to make up their minds quicker as to what they’re going to do when they get the ball and for the full backs to stop losing their man.

First match I e seen this season due to holiday but difficult to understand the difference from the last two months of the previous season

I just joined Owls Online and there is one guy on there who really, really hates Kevin Pressman for some reason. Maybe he hates fat people or something, IDK, it's almost visceral levels of hatred for someone who wasn't THAT bad. Also it seems a lot less active than Owlstalk.

Tbh I do sometimes wonder if I'm a bad Wednesday fan because of him being my fave and not Sibon or Sheridan or whoever, but oh well. We've had worse goalies tbh (not including Beadle, I love him and he's one of the better players in the side).

I hate to say it but your performance at the den was one of the worst I’ve seen seen there for a few years.

I just joined Owls Online and there is one guy on there who really, really hates Kevin Pressman for some reason. Maybe he hates fat people or something, IDK, it's almost visceral levels of hatred for someone who wasn't THAT bad. Also it seems a lot less active than Owlstalk.

Tbh I do sometimes wonder if I'm a bad Wednesday fan because of him being my fave and not Sibon or Sheridan or whoever, but oh well. We've had worse goalies tbh (not including Beadle, I love him and he's one of the better players in the side).
I wouldn't bother with owls online. Its full of right wing dicks on the whole. Plus plenty who don't ever actually go to a Wednesday match, but have an 'expert' opinion on everything. I bailed out several years ago.

Yeah, I don't go the game much, but I have the excuse of being disabled - it takes an hour to get to Sheffield from Manchester, plus you've got to factor in the journey to Hillsborough as well, and getting back can take forever because the trams from Leppings Lane are always rammed. I'll stick to Owlstalk. I just can't fathom hating someone on your own team that much, especially when one of our ex-players is an actual fascist (and the only Wednesday player I genuinely hate), but to hear that Reeshy poster talk you'd think Pressman massacred his entire family. Oh wow, so he put on weight, big fucking deal, it was the 90s and plenty of players were overweight.

And yes, I did notice the right-wing tendencies on there. Owlstalk is bad enough - I steer clear of anything non-football related apart from the music subforum, because I'm done with arguing with right-wing football fans, and even then you've got weird gross comments about women in football (they really, really do not like Rebecca Welch and of course, she represents her entire sex). What's the story with Owls Online anyway? Is it a spin-off of Owlstalk? It has the same format.

Yeah, I don't go the game much, but I have the excuse of being disabled - it takes an hour to get to Sheffield from Manchester, plus you've got to factor in the journey to Hillsborough as well, and getting back can take forever because the trams from Leppings Lane are always rammed. I'll stick to Owlstalk. I just can't fathom hating someone on your own team that much, especially when one of our ex-players is an actual fascist (and the only Wednesday player I genuinely hate), but to hear that Reeshy poster talk you'd think Pressman massacred his entire family. Oh wow, so he put on weight, big fucking deal, it was the 90s and plenty of players were overweight.

And yes, I did notice the right-wing tendencies on there. Owlstalk is bad enough - I steer clear of anything non-football related apart from the music subforum, because I'm done with arguing with right-wing football fans, and even then you've got weird gross comments about women in football (they really, really do not like Rebecca Welch and of course, she represents her entire sex). What's the story with Owls Online anyway? Is it a spin-off of Owlstalk? It has the same format.
It has a very similar format, but I don't think there's any link really other than they both started about the same time. OO doesn't have many posters and is basically an echo chamber for reactionary middle aged accountants as far as I can tell.

Its not the non-attendance matches that irritates me, but the in-the-know attitude of some posters who actually live abroad and haven't put money into the club in years (although given the behaviour of our glorious Chairman) perhaps I shouldn't be critical of that at the moment.

As for the poster you mention - I've actually met him a couple of times, and he doesn't have the most svelte of waistlines himself if you know what I mean so its ironic he focuses on Pressman's weight. I met Kevin Pressman a couple of years ago and he struck me as a top bloke by the way.

Haha, makes him calling Pressman a fat cunt a bit ironic then. Where did you meet him? I've not met him, but I've heard good things from people who have, and I've been to a couple of Gainsborough Trinity games (he's GK coach/assistant manager there) and at one of them, a little boy got twatted in the face by a ball and dropped his drink. He was obviously very upset and Pressman came off the pitch and gave the boy a hug and made sure he was OK. He was working and he didn't have to do that, so fair play. (I'm getting so fed up with both the PL and the Championship that I've started going to more non-league games. My stepdad lives in Chester so we've been talking about going to see them.)

I get not going to Wednesday matches and not wanting to give that twunt Chansiri money, and not everyone can go, but I hate people having a go at fans who do. Like it or not, there are people who want to go and watch their club play regardless of who's in charge.

Of course. I guess at least we didn't lose but this is peak 'this is why we can't have nice things'.

Tangentially related, but do all assistant managers in lower divisions spend the entire game screaming at the players? Some of them don't, certainly not Wednesday's, but holy FUCK I've seen some vocal ones in League 2 and non-league. I remember going to Cambridge v Morecambe a few years back with my parents when they lived down there, and we were sat behind the dugout, and Morecambe's assistant manager did not. Shut. Up. My mum thought it was hilarious. I think some Cambridge fans got fed up with him at one point.

Haha, makes him calling Pressman a fat cunt a bit ironic then. Where did you meet him? I've not met him, but I've heard good things from people who have, and I've been to a couple of Gainsborough Trinity games (he's GK coach/assistant manager there) and at one of them, a little boy got twatted in the face by a ball and dropped his drink. He was obviously very upset and Pressman came off the pitch and gave the boy a hug and made sure he was OK. He was working and he didn't have to do that, so fair play. (I'm getting so fed up with both the PL and the Championship that I've started going to more non-league games. My stepdad lives in Chester so we've been talking about going to see them.)

I get not going to Wednesday matches and not wanting to give that twunt Chansiri money, and not everyone can go, but I hate people having a go at fans who do. Like it or not, there are people who want to go and watch their club play regardless of who's in charge.
An uncle of mine won some hospitality tickets several years ago and invited me to go with him, and KP was the ex-player who was working the room. Stopped to chat to everybody, told a few stories of his time etc. Came across as very genuine.

I've only just seen QPRs goal from Saturday - talk about chaotic defending.

An uncle of mine won some hospitality tickets several years ago and invited me to go with him, and KP was the ex-player who was working the room. Stopped to chat to everybody, told a few stories of his time etc. Came across as very genuine.

I've only just seen QPRs goal from Saturday - talk about chaotic defending.
Cool! I've listened to a couple of podcasts with him on and he tells some great stories - OK, he's not a banter merchant like Carlton Palmer, but he's an interesting guy and he was at Wednesday for donkeys' so he's got a lot to talk about. The Phoenix Five one is worth listening to IMO, though he doesn't like Di Canio and Carbone very much. Btw he was one of the gobby assistant managers I was referring to - when I saw him at Gainsborough, he was LOUD. It's like he's between the sticks in front of the Kop again.

I really want things to work out for Röhl, especially after last season. We're his first proper job and he comes across as a genuinely nice guy. But it's...not looking good. And the frustrating thing is, I don't even know why we're so bad. The Steel City Derby will be hell, and it's on Remembrance Day too. Congrats to what genius thought that was a good idea.

FINALLY we beat Coventry! They were our bogey team last season. And Charles got his first goal, so that's nice.

Form's been a little better since I last posted. I can't believe we beat West Brom. Oh Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom