Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chalke Valley History Fair

Pingu

Credo
Chalke Valley History Festival | 27th June – 3rd July 2016 - The largest Festival dedicated entirely to History in the UK

all things being equal i should be going to this. Looks like it should be good for any history buffs out there. Not sure if i will be wearing chainmail and swinging a sword as my eyesight isnt safe enough for it yet but if you have a little one who likes to hit people then teh Kiddie Vike is a must for them. give a bunch of under 10 year olds a shield and a stick and tell them to go hit the big guys - what could possibly go wrong?

Chalke Valley History Festival | 27th June – 3rd July 2016 - The largest Festival dedicated entirely to History in the UK

all things being equal i should be going to this. Looks like it should be good for any history buffs out there. Not sure if i will be wearing chainmail and swinging a sword as my eyesight isnt safe enough for it yet but if you have a little one who likes to hit people then teh Kiddie Vike is a must for them. give a bunch of under 10 year olds a shield and a stick and tell them to go hit the big guys - what could possibly go wrong?
Not able to go but would be interested in hearing about it after

i guess this would be more appropriate in the history forum.. could a mod move please when you get a mo

Pickman's model ignoring the weather which tbh made the saturday a bit shit it was ok. if you like watching re-enactments there was a lot to see and the scale was good. we had about 100 fighters with 150 + if you count the living history aspect. ww2 stuff had tanks and artillery so it wasnt just 10 blokes dressed up. periods included early celtic through roman, viking/saxon, american war of Independence, Napoleonic, Victorian, ww1 (including a really good trencnh, ww2 and modern.

the talks that i got to were good and interesting and (for an event) food was reasonably priced.

it was a twat to find though and unless you had a 4x4 you were not getting out of the carpark without help on the saturday.

Last edited:
if i had i would have been in it on the saturday :)

i couldnt look round as much as i wanted due to quagmire and reenactment shoes (think ice skating on ice that tries to suck our skates off) and there was a fair bit i didnt see

Back
Top Bottom