Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Celebrity Big Brother 2007

scifisam said:
How? Taking the piss out of the B&W Minstrels would be taking the piss out of racists, not being racist.

Without seeing the supposed clip its a bit difficult to come to a conclusion.

Why do you think the show was axed? If this clip exists is it really likely to be parodying a UK show axed in the 1970s?

Well, yes, it is difficult to come to a conclusion - I'm just going on a description of Shilpa Shetty in front of people dressed up as the Black and White Minstrels, which led me to believe that it may be taking the piss out of the Black and White Minstrels. That's not so unlikely, given that India is a former British colony.

How the Hell would I know why an unknown show that I have never seen or heard of, or know the name of, was axed?

haylz said:
You sure about that mate:D

Er, yeah. Unless it's taking the piss out of white people who take the piss out of black people, and that is in itself racist ... *disappears into an ever-decreasing circle*

I knew this would happen, though. I *knew* there'd be some sort of suggestion of racism on SS's part (heh, good initials), even as unsubstantiated and pointless as this seems to be.

scifisam said:
Well, yes, it is difficult to come to a conclusion - I'm just going on a description of Shilpa Shetty in front of people dressed up as the Black and White Minstrels, which led me to believe that it may be taking the piss out of the Black and White Minstrels. That's not so unlikely, given that India is a former British colony.

How the Hell would I know why an unknown show that I have never seen or heard of, or know the name of, was axed?

it hasnt been axed....:confused:

There are other episodes of "extra shetty" dotted on the internet, just the one in question has either been removed or.....well who knows

scifisam said:
Er, yeah. Unless it's taking the piss out of white people who take the piss out of black people, and that is in itself racist ... *disappears into an ever-decreasing circle*

I knew this would happen, though. I *knew* there'd be some sort of suggestion of racism on SS's part (heh, good initials), even as unsubstantiated and pointless as this seems to be.

well after the witch hunt of the 3 clueless muppets, its only fair any allegations true or not should be given the same coverage.....no

scifisam said:

Its funny you say that, yet clearly think it may have been the subject of parody in India of a UK show axed in 1970s, because of a colonial relationship that ended in the 1940s!

Seems unlikely to me.

danny la rouge said:
I saw a still from the show in the Daily Star today. But I'd like to see the context before making a judgement.

There are any number of reasons why a person might be photographed smiling in the proximity of an Asian man blacked-up and wearing a wig, and not all of them are to do with condoning racism. Although, it should be said in all fairness that some are.

Very fair.

I wouldn't crucify her for laughing - far from it - but I never thought she was a likable person, anyway. She's a rich, spoiled creep, who happens to be rather glamorous and, according to Bollywood fans, can act, too.

Who cares whether she enjoys B&W Minstral nonsense?

haylz said:
well after the witch hunt of the 3 clueless muppets, its only fair any allegations true or not should be given the same coverage.....no

Lets expose the armpits (leave no armpit left unturned) which are celebrity.

haylz said:
it hasnt been axed....:confused:

There are other episodes of "extra shetty" dotted on the internet, just the one in question has either been removed or.....well who knows

It hasn't been axed? I R confused. Someone else said it had been axed. But then, I don't even know the name of the show, and it hasn't been given anywhere, so it's kinda hard for me to know if the show's been axed or not, or what kind of show it was, or anything at all .... Same as everyone else on here.

I was looking for clips of the Mighty Boosh online the other day, but only found clips of one (not very good) live gig. The others have either been removed or ... who knows. Conspiracy!

scifisam said:
It hasn't been axed? I R confused. Someone else said it had been axed. But then, I don't even know the name of the show, and it hasn't been given anywhere, so it's kinda hard for me to know if the show's been axed or not, or what kind of show it was, or anything at all .... Same as everyone else on here.

I was looking for clips of the Mighty Boosh online the other day, but only found clips of one (not very good) live gig. The others have either been removed or ... who knows. Conspiracy!

Its called "extra shetty" and "indian television" are the broadcasters....

its gone.....:confused:

scifisam said:

I think Google has began to tighten it up to be in line with its commercial strategy.

exosculate said:
Its funny you say that, yet clearly think it may have been the subject of parody in India of a UK show axed in 1970s, because of a colonial relationship that ended in the 1940s!

Seems unlikely to me.

Sorry, I'm just going on the description from another poster, since I can't watch it. They said 'Black and White Minstrels,' which speaks to me of the old TV show and nothing else.

Given the numbers of countries that seemed to like Benny Hill, I wouldn't be surprised if the B&W Minstrels were widely (I almost typed 'whitely' then, heh) circulated at a time when there wasn't so much available to circulate, and the BBC was available in India.

Back
Top Bottom