Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Catfest -a festival celebrating cats and vegan street food is coming to Beckenham

editor

hiraethified
Much as I love cats and vegan food this may be a bit too much for me.
Love cats and vegan street food? Then make sure you head to London this summer to Catfest festival where you will find feline celebrities, cat-themed cocktails, films, music, talks and vegan street food.

The day-and-night festival for cat lovers will take place at Beckenham Place Mansion on June 29th and will host over 50 exhibitors.

Visitors to the festival will find a selection of buzz-worthy cat accessories, feature films, live music, books, art, along with feline superstar meet-and-greets, including street cat Bob and feline model Starina, and talks from international bestselling authors and feline experts.

If you’re looking to welcome a feline in need into your home then you can meet rescue kittens at the Meow Parlour who are looking for their forever homes for a £5 donation at the door.

Catfest London

how do you get to there from Vauxhall?

it's near beckenham hill station - thameslink trains from blackfriars / elephant - or orange line from wandsworth road to denmark hill and change there (all subject to weekend engineering work and so on)

or bus 54 from lewisham

or not that far from bus 136 - bus 36 to somewhere between peckham and new cross then 136 (don't forget to wave to the catford cat when you go past)

then 54 down the road if you feel like it (not sure at what point daily fare capping on buses kicks in now) my be the simplest - i'm not getting much sense out of the TFL journey planner at the moment

Traveline is offering more options than TFL journey planner - quickest (which I hadn't thought of) seems to be underground to brixton, SE Railway to Beckenham Junction then walk or bus 54 up the road from there

Thameslink from smellyphant and castle shows as 25 minutes to becky hill station

The vegans owning a cat thing has me confused a little!

Is it possible to turn a cat vegan?

Vegans owning cats and feeding them meat from the industrialised meat industry is highly
All valid questions. I think maybe a new thread (if it hasn't been done already) for this discussion and leave the catfest one to be all things cool about cats?
Can someone get me a signed/paw print of bob. ;)

aycljbzjzrn21.jpg

this cat is over the fucking moon to be vegan :thumbs:

Fucking with a sentient animal's nature without its permission.

If that isn't a crime, it should be
If you've got a cat you've already 'fucking with a sentient animal's nature without its permission.' Besides, if a cat doesn't like it, they're free to wander off to a neighbour and get the attention/food they want elsewhere. As they often do.

Back
Top Bottom