Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff House/Flat shares

Hi,

I know this is for a house/flat share, but me and my girlfriend are looking for a place to rent, not sharing, just wondering if anyone knows a nice landlord with a spare flat for a reasonable price, like 550 or less for 2 bedrooms, been on the usual sites and most of the ads are either lying (5 mins from city centre, when in fact it's in the docks) or are asking stupid amounts of money.

There was a glimer of a chance we could have a room for a couple of months in Grangetown with mates. but got let down a so-called "friend" :rolleyes: so we're up shit creek again. We dont want to live more than 30 REAL minutes walk from town (so not more than 10 in advert / landlord speak)

I know it's a real long shot but I'm running out of options here... an getting a tad stressed as we need to find somewhere by the end of the month (this deadline was sprung on us only 2 days ago :mad: )

Thanks,

b23

From the Cardiff Uni swap and shop boards:
Title = 2 bedroom flat to rent

Description = Modern and stylish self-contained flat to rent on Woodville Road - available immediately. 2 bedrooms, open-plan kitchen and lounge. Outside patio. If interested please call Leon on 07921 268908.

Username = Leon

Email = leonberry84@yahoo.co.uk

Phone = 07921 268908
or...
Flat for Rent (cheap) [07/08/06]

One bedroom flat with spacious double bedroom, sitting room, big kitchen, large

shower and toilet room, rear garden, is ready for Rent by 5/September/2006.

It is Located 10 minutes from the city centre and Cardiff School of Engineering.

The flat is fully furnished, it contains all modern facilities, washing machine, fridge-freezer, cooker and gas central heating.

The price is 385 pounds per month including consuming bills (Gas, water and council tax bills, All these get paid by the landlord),

excluding Electric bill.

Location is Gold Street, CF24 0LF

Contact name: Harry

email: welsh999dragon@yahoo.co.uk

Good luck mate.

Two bedrooms in vegetarian household, double is £190 pcm and single is £185 pcm, includes council tax, water rates and tv license, excludes gas and electricity. Has garden and is located centrally in quiet street, near city road. PM me or call Chris on 07733320941 or Jeff on 0770880339. Min 6 month contract.
Cheers Jeff

ah well welcome back - there is now an entire thread devoted to you <we are not worthy oh great one :D >

Room for rent?

A colleague of mine (a journalist visiting the University from India) needs a room from 12th-27th September... anyone fancy making a few bucks on a short-term let?:)

Heyy people - hopefully some people still read this thread!
I'm gonna be looking for somewhere to live in the next coupla months as my landlord has decided to sell our house :/
I'm not working at the minute, and even when I am it'll be difficult to find the whole month up front plus a billion pounds deposit thing, so I was wondering if any urbs could help/suggest/let a spare room out......

Heyy people - hopefully some people still read this thread!
I'm gonna be looking for somewhere to live in the next coupla months as my landlord has decided to sell our house :/
I'm not working at the minute, and even when I am it'll be difficult to find the whole month up front plus a billion pounds deposit thing, so I was wondering if any urbs could help/suggest/let a spare room out......

I may have a room to let, as long as you're not a nutter!

Still in the same position, looking for a place - been lazy as the For Sale sign isnt even up yet lol, but I should get my arse in gear soon.....

Cardiff accommodation search

probably have to move by 1st June
anyone know of anything?
ta

Hi ddraig,

I think I arrived a bit late on the conversation...in any case, I've just begun looking for accomodation in cardiff. Plan to move there asap - Starting a yoga teacher training course up in the hills come september.

I'm looking to house or flat share, so if you or anyone else who happens to read this is in search of one, maybe we can get in contact.

I'll be in Cardiff from next thursday, on an intense accomodation search...so I can meet up with anyone offering or interested in sharing the search.
And sanity/honesty/sincerity/house sharing compatibility and whatever else needs consideration, can be given some.

p.s. I do happen to be vegetarian - although I can think of more important things a flatmate could be...

Ok, many thanks to all who read and/or respond.

Hi all - I really need to find somewhere else to live; my landlord has accepted an offer for where I'm living so I reckon I got a month TOPS. So, if anyone's got a spare room that they're looking to rent out let me know. Bear in mind that I'm jobless at the moment, I'd be claiming housing benefit at first (so this might affect anyone who's claiming other benefit). Cheeeeers :)

*awakes thread

looking for 2/3 bed place for max £600 in Canton, Cathays, Roath Cardiff
will consider other locations if decent property and or price
would very much like to avoid estate agents
cheers

Would be looking at end of April and it is the charming leafy suburb of ..........

Splott :)

are you moving? where to?

not that your house isn't lovely and all, just escaped Splott so no go atm
cheers

Moving back home to rural Riverside, or South Pontcanna as I like to call it.

Riverside yesterday:

26085lg.jpg
[/IMG]

Ahhh the room/flat I was meant to be moving into in the Roath park sorta area has fallen through, due to bad luck n perhaps a bit of lack of correspondence on my part, gutted, just currently hunting around gumtree and t'internet as I could do with the move really, I still live with my ex-girlfriend and it can be a bit stressful. Would be great if anyone could send anything they see my way, if at all possible..? ta!

I do like the Roath area as i live around there currently but not too fussy really, aside from being on a student budget, bane of the 'employed working professionals' so loved on gumtree perhaps :D

found a nice flat canton area but upon e-mailing turned out to be a gumtree scam. £500 by money-gram pre-viewing? lolz.... :D

I only pay £235 a month rent atm in my house, so there's absolutely no chance i'm gona spend loads of money on some useless agency fee. Tons of spare property in cardiff with decent-ish landlords in my experience. Moving might rinse my cash a bit, but it's just worth it for peace of mind/lack of stress. Property stuff in the Echo today (Thursday) btw, I do believe, might be worth a look?

Son is thinking off moving to Pontypridd, any recommendations for sites to check and advice about good/bad areas? Is £450 for a 3 bedroom house good?? He's been looking at one online. And water rates?? Wtf are they costwise? We don't have them(there's some small charge in with CT)!

Son is thinking off moving to Pontypridd, any recommendations for sites to check and advice about good/bad areas? Is £450 for a 3 bedroom house good?? He's been looking at one online. And water rates?? Wtf are they costwise? We don't have them(there's some small charge in with CT)!

I pay £58/month for my water in Cardiff. Where are you where you don't have to pay it?? :eek:

a little off topic but those with skin conditions like dry skin etc can apply for a dicount from the water company, reduces the water bill down to £200 for the year :) kaching!!!!

the 3 bedroomed house next to mine in llanrumney is going to be coming up for rent shortly after xmas....it's probably around 600 a month but it's a nice enough house and in a fairly nice area for llanrumney! if anybody's interested pls drop me a pm and i'll let you know when it's available with contact details for the landlord :)

Back
Top Bottom