Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City RedBlueDragonBirds 2012-2013 season

yeh I heard about that incident at the Scotland game,........disgraceful....

I think maybe the reason you dont see any serious disagreements at the stadium is because most people who are really against the rebrand, like myself have stopped going.....(although the few games i have been to since the rebrand i have felt anger towards everyone wearing the Berjaya gear)

in normal curcumstances i woud've had a season ticket and been to a good few away games this season......i havent been away once and i got a refund on my ST...

when the game finished and i switched the radio off last Tuesday i can honestly say i was just fuggin gutted about everything....

i cant see me going to another City game any time soon....

Champions. I should be getting excited about visiting lots of new stadiums next season. I can’t even be arsed to go to Hull – the first time I will have missed the last away game of the season for many years.
I've been watching the City since the 70s, and that's how I feel too.

last ever?

are you packing it in after next season?

Last ever because as this is just the start of Cardiff heading off to dominate the premiership for the next 25 years. Man Utd's reign is about to end as the greatest team in football the world has ever seen rises to ascendency as predicted by Nostradamus and Sam Hammam.

last ever?

are you packing it in after next season?

As things stand, I am not particularly excited about going next season. The re-brand has taken all the passion of it away for me. After all these years wanting to see us back in the top flight though, I feel I have to give it a go. I am not going to make any statements I might have to go back on in the future, but come next March, if I feel the way I do now, I won’t be renewing my season ticket. I don’t even think a change back to blue would do it on its own (although European football might - perhaps I am turning into a glory hunting plastic :D ).

I think the highlight for me today was Tan walking out on the pitch to the sound of “We’re Cardiff City, we’ll always be blue” ringing out from the fans. :cool:

I think the highlight for me today was Tan walking out on the pitch to the sound of “We’re Cardiff City, we’ll always be blue” ringing out from the fans. :cool:

could've done with a bit more of that sort of thing at the beginning of the season.......bit late now,....half the stadium are sporting the historic Berjaya shirt....

Grown men coming to blows over which is their favorite color.

Unbelievable.
Even more unbelievable when it's people being attacked for daring to express a preference for the traditional colours of their team, rather than the ones foisted on by a despotic foreign investor.

That speech was a load of fucking old tosh. "The red dragon teaches the bluebird to fly higher". Fuck's sake. :facepalm:

I see that promise of wearing blue for all the away games has long since gone.

If anyone is interested, my play list for the PEPPERMINT IGUANA RADIO SHOW this week is going to have a bit of a 'promotion party' vibe about it. Expect lots of references to blue, city, going up and soul.

It can be heard on www.dapperfm.co.uk from 8 till 10pm on Tuesday 30th April

Facebook event page here

ED.... if you have digital versions of your old cardiff city rave mixes - please message me and we can talk about how to fit them into the show.

cardiff-city-1927-club-remix-01.jpg

Top post from that thread:
It seems that Cardiff City now has supporters who don't care that the club's traditional colours have been ditched by a Malaysian businessman; they don't care that the club's iconic Bluebird emblem has been replaced by a generic, clipart Welsh dragon; they don't care that an identity which had been developed over more than a century has been almost totally erased within the space of twelve months, but they do care that a London-based supporters' group has changed its name!

If you fancy supporting a blue team, we could do with some more shareholders down on the South Coast.

For Cardiff bluebirds, the cost is one stadium clock (used).

If you fancy supporting a blue team, we could do with some more shareholders down on the South Coast.
I've got my team now. A team that seem to actually give a shit what their fans think and appreciate them turning up.
Come on the Hamlet! :D

Here's Tan's latest not-entirely-convincing pledge on no more rebranding:
"We're not going to change the name [and] no more rebranding," Tan said.
"But it's a little bit conflicting when you're singing blues and Bluebirds. When Chelsea come here what do we sing?"
Tan added: "I don't know what we should do about that. It sounds a bit confusing.
"Maybe the fans should think about that and tells us what we should do."...

And Tan believes the controversial decision to rebrand the club last summer was the right decision.
"I still believe that red is a lucky colour for Cardiff and for Wales," Tan said.
"After all your national flag is a red dragon so we're putting the red dragon back. The bluebird still remains.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22330086
Interestingly:
Tan was quoted in the Malaysia press as saying he would consider offers for the Welsh club.
He's denied it, but given his original promises about the colour change, he's clearly not a man to be entirely trusted to stick to his word.

Back
Top Bottom