Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Car hire in uk, question

dessiato

🇪🇸 my spirit is crying for leaving
I've been told that I might need "a code" for car rental companies to check my Spanish licence if I hire a car while I'm in the UK.

I've never heard of this, but I'm told it's a new thing that happens now.

My instinct is that this isn't true, but need to be sure.

Anyone else heard of this?

Sure, it's to replace the paper counterpart with all your speeding endorsements on:

Not sure how to get a Spanish one.

Thanks.

I've just contacted the car hire companies I was planning to use, so hope I'll get some firm info about what I need to do.

I was asked to provide it when hiring a van earlier this year - it is a very easy process but I have a UK Driving Licence.

I try not to worry too much about this sort of thing as there is very rarely a scenario a car hire firm hasn't dealt with. It may be worth arranging your own car-hire insurance excess cover, as it will allow you to decline all of their add-ons. Usually a way to save a few bob. Download Navmii app for free offline maps so no need for a GPS.

I was asked to provide it when hiring a van earlier this year - it is a very easy process but I have a UK Driving Licence.

I try not to worry too much about this sort of thing as there is very rarely a scenario a car hire firm hasn't dealt with. It may be worth arranging your own car-hire insurance excess cover, as it will allow you to decline all of their add-ons. Usually a way to save a few bob. Download Navmii app for free offline maps so no need for a GPS.
Thanks. That's a good idea about the insurance.

I'll be taking my sat-nav with me anyway.

Back
Top Bottom