Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Canada, Alberta

We got back in to Calgary this evening. We went on from Golden to Yoho national park, then lake Louise and Banff.

IMG-20231217-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20231217-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20231217-WA0008.jpg

Last stop was the Chiniki Cultural Centre on the Stoney-Nakoda reserve. It's an interesting little museum and, of course, their story is very sad. I didn't take any pictures on the reserve because I didn't want to be a touristy scrote making a people's tragedy a holiday snap.

Stoney Nakoda Nations | People of the Mountains

Here is another quintessentially Canadian production - "The Last Timbit".

The head-scratcher will come in the form of “The Last Timbit,” a musical for which Tim Hortons has assembled a who’s who of Canadian artists to stage at the Elgin Theatre in Toronto this June.

The production is loosely based on a 2010 snowstorm that was so bad, drivers on a highway east of Sarnia, Ont., were forced to hunker down in cars and others had to wait out the inclement weather at a local Tim Hortons.

Turning the story into a theatrical production was the brainchild ofGut, a marketing firm Tims hired to help it conjure up a way to celebrate its milestone year.

Tims was determined to give Gut as much room to be creative as possible, so it didn’t even specify the firm had to come up with an event. All the chain said was to find “something with heart” and that would reflect the relationship the fast-food eatery has with its customers, recalled the chain’s chief marketing officer Hope Bagozzi.

Yes, it is horrible.

There is an iconic building called the Jasper Park Lodge. They are saying that they were able to save most of it. If you click on the link to the resort ( Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge - Luxury Hotel in Jasper (Canada) ), there is an opening letter that tells about the fire.

Rebuilding a town for scratch takes time. A while back, a forest fire destroyed most of Fort McMurray. Five years on, and still working on it.

I'm not sure what will happen with Jasper. It is a tourist town, and now the forests surrounding the town are gone. I wonder if the tourists want to see the burned down forest.

Below is a picture of Jasper in the 1970's

jasper.jpg

I wonder if Serge Forward got there on his trip.

Back
Top Bottom