Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Can you suggest me a good horror film please?

Someone has already mentioned it but House Of The Devil is an outstanding film. I grew up on 70's and 80's horror and this set a vibe similar to those films, so much so that I had to double check on the internet that I had the right film. The attention to detail is breathe taking.

The french had a run of harrowing films in the past few years. You couldn't do much better than look up High Tension and Frontière both of which are excellent.
The Devils Rejects which has also been mentioned has to be in my top 10 films of all time. I really love it. There was a hilarious review on TV when it came out. The reviewers (who are Australian legends) hated the film and said they couldn't show a clip because they couldn't find a sequence long enough to play without copious amount of bad language :D

I watched the Jacket today which was pretty good.
The Troll Hunter is awesome
Monsters was quite good (pretty low budget)

The list is endless.

There's something special about Evil Dead 2.

Other more recent horror

Insidious (real fun ride this one).
Drag me to hell.

I also liked Cabin Fever 2, very unusual.

Top recommendation. Watched it tonight. Great stuff.

Yeah innit?

I was totally blown away by it. I hadn't heard anything about it, getting it on a bit a PTP binge. Was very impressed. The CGI stuff at the end with the massive one lolloping around in broad daylight was excellent. Loved it.

I can't believe 28 days later hasn't been mentioned here. Serious film, absolutely terrifying.

The first 20 minutes of the sequel 28 weeks later are awesome and the 3rd film is on the way I hear.

The Mist is a very good film. The horror genre being used to criticise american christian fundamentalism.

and lastly I will mention a film that I would only ever recommend to people I don't like, so be careful with this one. It's the only film I have ever considered walking out on in the cinema, about 5 people did walk out. I didn't and left the cinema with a palid complexion and a tormented mind. A wave of palpable anxiety spread through the people in the queue for the next session who looked on in horror at the expression on the faces of the public coming out wondering what the fuck had happened to us.

The film is called Henry Portrait of a serial killer

Back
Top Bottom