Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Can you suggest me a good horror film please?

I work with a Serbian guy (well he is English but was born there, well, technically in Bosnia but never mind :oops:) and I remember him telling me about it now.

"The Mist" - based on a Stephen King novella is good. Not out and out horror but good nonetheless

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0884328/

I watched that last year. I thought the plastic monster was brilliant. I asked the studio where I could get one and they pointed me in the direction of Disneyland. As for that whining woman and kid I'd have shot the bleedin' pair of them or gassed them in all that machine smoke.

:p

One more vote for the Orphanage. If you want something a bit more full-on I highly recommend [REC], another fine Spanish horror.

I wanted to like [REC] but there was a long sequence with lots of strobe lighting effects and it made me feel sick.

Yeah, i liked it, typical catholic demon horror :)

thats what i want . I was reading an interview with Hopkins co star . He says they went to the Vatican city to meet that Italian preist who does the exorcisms , and when they were waiting in a side room a teenage girl who was getting exorcised came into the room to go to the toilet next door . He said she was walking straight ahead but the whole time her head was turned directly towards them and she was staring fixedly at them . Did the same thing on the way back out , never looked at the door once . Freaked him right out .
Its that type of stuff gives me the shits . Not zombies and stuff .

the ring
paranormal activity
drag me to hell
evil dead 2
the shining
from dusk 'til dawn
pan's labyrinth
blair witch
nightmare on elm street
dawn of the dead

Fucking hell, just read all that. Sounds grim :( no cheers.

mark kermode - definitely no prude - says it was a load of pointlessly ultra offensive shit , and I usually agree with him as regards taste in film .
A lot of Serbian films are allegorys about something else but this went completely off the fucking scale from what Ive read from non hysterical sources . Just plain sick .

nah, it's not that bad cos it's so over the top - it's more tasteless than offensive - just silliness really

mark kermode - definitely no prude - says it was a load of pointlessly ultra offensive shit , and I usually agree with him as regards taste in film .
A lot of Serbian films are allegorys about something else but this went completely off the fucking scale from what Ive read from non hysterical sources . Just plain sick .

Pretty much what I've heard too. I read an interview with the director where he was going on about all this allegory stuff, how it was about the violence perpetrated by the powers that be in Serbia ++ etc etc.

Pretty much what I've heard too. I read an interview with the director where he was going on about all this allegory stuff, how it was about the violence perpetrated by the powers that be in Serbia ++ etc etc.
that's just bollocks - it's a pure exploitation film.

I appreciate that it's no longer Friday the 13th and I haven't read the teh thread, but:

Friday the 13th, The Fog, In the mouth of Madness (if it qualifies as horror), The Eye (orig), The Grudge (orig), Ring (orig), Rec & Rec2, Night of the Living Dead (and the two following sequels), Grapes of Death, Child's Play, Basket Case/2, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Driller Killer, Evil Dead trilogy.

Will probs come back with more soon.

John Carptenter's 'Prince of Darkness' That film gave me nightmares after seeing that as a teenager, well worth seeing.

A Serbian Film's pretty good. there is one from argentina a couple of years ago, Snuff 102, it is pretty raw, however it is also shit and boring.

John Carptenter's 'Prince of Darkness' That film gave me nightmares after seeing that as a teenager, well worth seeing.

Yep, I mentioned that one earlier. The bit at the end with the live film from the future, with the evil on earth... that still shits me up to think about it.

Back
Top Bottom