Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Can you suggest me a good horror film please?

Clair De Lune

Apocalypse cocktails
As it's Friday the 13th and all :)

Not really into the kind where people get slowly tortured though :eek: Fine with gore and violence.

My faves are: Exorcist; The Shining; Halloween; Carrie; Audition; Dawn of the Dead; Rosemary's Baby; Ring (the Jap original of course); errrm.....

There haven't been any good new ones for a long time. Wolf Creek's good but I generally prefer something with a supernatural touch to it, rather than just a nutter.

They're not super scary like films in the 80's, but both Paranormal Activity 1 and 2 and The Last Exorcism are a tad scary. For real horror, you cant get much worse than A Serbian Film.

Picnic at hanging rock.
Zombies: Dawn of the Dead.
30 days of night.
Razorback.
Nosferatu.

They're not super scary like films in the 80's, but both Paranormal Activity 1 and 2 and The Last Exorcism are a tad scary. For real horror, you cant get much worse than A Serbian Film.

Whatever you do, don't watch A Serbian Film, Clair.

Let's just say it involves baby-rape. And not in a "normal" way. I've not seen it myself but have talked to traumatized survivors.

ugh :( don't fancy that at all

There's also 'Don't Look Now', which is pretty good. I remember I also found 'Prince of Darkness' scary.

House of The Devil sounds alright.

I second the orphanage and the devils backbone.

30 days of night I couldn't get into, the head vampire looked too much like Neil Tennant, kept making me sing Go West!

The Orphanage is brilliant!

I still really rate the Hellraiser films too.

I love horror films but its such a big genre it depends on what type of horror your looking for :hmm:

One more vote for the Orphanage. If you want something a bit more full-on I highly recommend [REC], another fine Spanish horror.

Tenebrae , Dario Argento being a right cunt . Fucking hatchet killer running about , man eating dogs . Eek .

Not going to watch that serbian film bollocks . Not least because Im sort of pro serbian .

Uzumaki (Spiral) is a good, creepy one.
"M" for some classic Weimar-era cinema (with a political subtext to boot)
Psychomania (Hell's Angels from the dead in England - Irene Handl triumphs!)
Shock (Mario Bava's swansong)

Devils Rejects is fairly messed up

directed by Rob Zombie who was in that band
Preferred House of 1000 Corpses myself, also liked his Halloween remake. Would recommend Martyrs, the torture in it is relevant to the story, not just gratuitous but I'm not sure it's a film you can 'enjoy' either way.

Oh gosh yes I forgot for a second about all the Japanese and other South East Asian stuff.
I love the totally different take on horror.
You are just suppose to watch. If it does not make sense just carry on :D

Preferred House of 1000 Corpses myself, also liked his Halloween remake. Would recommend Martyrs, the torture in it is relevant to the story, not just gratuitous but I'm not sure it's a film you can 'enjoy' either way.

Martyrs was a bit of a punishment to watch but great though.

Back
Top Bottom