Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton's Club 414 - closure, news, discussion

It was via the Club 414 site that I came across U75, however many millions of years ago.

Had many a good night down Coldharbour Lane - thanks for the good times 414, they were special x

So sad to see the end of the 414. They used to let workers from other clubs come in free late at night. How many other Brixton clubs would do that?

We've lost a real part of what made Brixton different. And look how mixed the crowd is - all ages, all backgrounds.

club-414-closing-party-01.jpg

club-414-closing-party-03.jpg

club-414-closing-party-34.jpg

In photos: Club 414 closing party – the final dance at the legendary Brixton club, Sunday 26th May 2019

Having been one of those workers that used to be let in free whenever i wanted after work, and having been there on Sunday (and Friday) night, im also very sad to see it go.

It almost feels like it's a bad joke, and in a few weeks time i can wander on back in there for a knees up. It will only really hit home when i walk past it and its preumably boarded up.

Rumours were flying around at the weekend that they intend to open up a new venture, possibly in Camden....:confused:

Having been one of those workers that used to be let in free whenever i wanted after work, and having been there on Sunday (and Friday) night, im also very sad to see it go.

It almost feels like it's a bad joke, and in a few weeks time i can wander on back in there for a knees up. It will only really hit home when i walk past it and its preumably boarded up.
They're being kicked out of their home of 30+ years (above the club) on Friday. It fucking sucks.

I can't even imagine what hateful piece of yuppie shit is going to replace the 414. I wonder if the billionaire DJ Village boy is going to get his hands on it.

Sad times - I loved and hated those stairs :(:D:thumbs:

They posed a massive challenge to anyone who was even vaguely refreshed - I lost hours to the fish tank, hours to people who’d lost hours to the fish tank - spilling out of there on a Monday morning, as everyone else was heading into work - we were the spooks and ghouls who didn’t know when to go home - it was a very messy time in my life, but always a good buzz - always!

Last edited:
I fell up and down those stairs! I once vaguely remember lying on the stairs thinking I could see the sky and stars through the roof

Last edited:
Article here:

414-squat-2.jpg

A notice stuck on top of the 414 logo on the shutters informs the squatters (‘persons unknown’) that a claim by the owners Coldharbour APL Ltd will be heard in the County Court on the Strand on Weds 3rd July at 2pm.

Coldharbour APL Ltd are a new company ‘buying and selling of own real estate,’ headed up by Jonathan Mintz, who is also Finance Director at London & Associated Properties plc. Interestingly, Mr Minz was recently appointed as a secretary of Brixton Village.
Brixton’s Club 414 in Coldharbour Lane is squatted

Any updates on the court case…? Is it still being squatted…? I could search, but CBFA.

Any updates on the court case…? Is it still being squatted…? I could search, but CBFA.
Went passed today and there was a notice saying that the owners had won but no date as to when the squatters had to leave.

I remember around 1983 the building was squatted by Spartacus R and others. It seemed to be a black cultural centre of some kind.
Spartacus was a fiery man, and very short. He wore platform heels to compensate.
As well as his musical work with Osibissa he did musical stand-up and wrote books - one of which had the odd name "The Maat Mystery".
Spartacus R

I've heard awful things about the landlords of the 414. The court notice says that it's Coldharbour APL Ltd, a new company 'buying and selling of own real estate.'
Anyone fancy doing some digging?

This guy seems to be the head honcho

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathan-mintz/
Home - LAP

Oh wait, he's also recently been appointed to secretary of Brixton Village

BRIXTON VILLAGE LIMITED - Filing history (free information from Companies House)

COLDHARBOUR APL LIMITED - Company Information UK

He is no longer Director of COLDHARBOUR, but he is director of 28 (!!!) other (Strange names) companies.

Mr Jonathan MINTZ appointments - Company Information UK

Back
Top Bottom