Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton tradesmen recommendations: plumbers, electricians, locksmiths, van drivers etc

We found the company we used last time and they are charging £575 for a 7 metre boundry fence plus trellis. They were efficient last time 4 men to speed the job up. Good work. Mark at Northcote fencing 07958 423924.

Thanks!

So I think there might be a problem with the box above my door, the cable that runs from there to the phone master socket or the master socket. Anyone recommend a freelance phone engineer?
sparkybird is this sort of thing covered by general electricians?

quimcunx it'll be cheaper to get it done by a sparks, might just be a loose connection or damage to the cable that runs between the two points.
I'm out of action for another month and a half though

Can you take the cover off the box? If you can see a loose connection maybe you can fix it yourself. There's nothing high powered running through phone cables so you probably won't electrocute yourself. Too much.

Can you take the cover off the box? If you can see a loose connection maybe you can fix it yourself. There's nothing high powered running through phone cables so you probably won't electrocute yourself. Too much.

Oh, I already did this but couldn't see anything. My houseguest is often seen to be rolling his eyes at me fiddling about with electricity. It's turned into a bit of a hobby. I don't even think that it is a problem with the wire but me and Damian at Zen are at our collective wits end. I'm not going to bother being proactive ever again. Things were better when I stuck with Talk talk knowing they are terrible.

Not in my instance, that I noticed. My socket has a little trumpeting BT man from the 90s on it. The other little box, above the door, is older than that I think, as is the cable.

Hi All

I am after someone to plaster my living room ceiling. No artex or anything should be very straightforward. Does anyone know of anyone decent?

Thanks

Hi All

I am after someone to plaster my living room ceiling. No artex or anything should be very straightforward. Does anyone know of anyone decent?

Thanks

John Fitzpatrick +44 (7889) 413377

I need a coat dry cleaned for a wedding Saturday. But no time to take it anywhere until Friday. Does anyone know a same day dry cleaner please? Nearest to Brixton preferred. Cheers.

I am looking for a portrait photographer in Tulse Hill / West Norwood / Brixton. Just to do a quick head and shoulders shot and send me the jpeg. Does anyone know anyone?

Hello! I am looking for a gardener to clear my garden and strip in right back so that it is ready for a 'new lease of life'!! Recommendations would be really welcome!:)

It may be worth saying that my boyfriend is a general builder but also available for handyman-type jobs. PM for his contact details.

Back
Top Bottom