Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton Splash - Sunday 1st August 2010

Some photos:

brixton-splash-2010-36.jpg

brixton-splash-2010-23.jpg

brixton-splash-2010-29.jpg

brixton-splash-2010-35.jpg

More: http://www.urban75.org/brixton/features/brixton-splash-festival-2010.html

Lambeth council closed down the sound system outside my flat before it even got started really. The poor dude has to pack up all shit and lug it home again. Apparently there were noise complaints. During a fucking carnival. what the fucking fuck. I love lambeth council. They're really good at what they do.

I didn't get there til late, but seemed like a really good time. Beer+Bass+Sunshine never fails :)

Lambeth council closed down the sound system outside my flat before it even got started really. The poor dude has to pack up all shit and lug it home again. Apparently there were noise complaints. During a fucking carnival. what the fucking fuck. I love lambeth council. They're really good at what they do.

You by the Dogstar corner by any chance? That rig was seriously loud. I like my noise, but that was an earplug only zone tbh - it actually hurt a little to walk past the speaker banks. There didn't seem any way they'd get away with that in these times - or at least that's what I thought

The Twelve 12 crew remain my favourite there, although there was a decent scratch dj earlier on down the road. Seemed to really pick up in crowd numbers by the end too - Brixton's fabled late starting crowd proved that again

Yes, I know I am going to be flamed for this, but illegal street trading, obstruction or the public thoroughfare, noise pollution, etc. etc. etc.

How did they get away with it?
FFS: it was only one day, and it was all over by 8pm and lots of people had an enjoyable day out.

It's a party, what d'yer expect. Cool pics Ed. That funktion 1 'We are Dubist' rig was wicked, booming jungle down electric lane ;) It's always great when they close the roads, you can really enjoy Brixton.

cheer up timothysutton1 ! public streets, public party surely? Anyway I had fun.

I'm not sure it can get much bigger in it's current form mind - CHL was absolutely rammed by the end of the day:

4856893681_9ac1cacc7b_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom