Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton Rec - demolition proposed by council

However it appears Lib Peck has caused significant problems with her promise of saving it, as the cost of whatever needs doing is greater than the cost of taking it down & building a new one.

However it appears Lib Peck has caused significant problems with her promise of saving it, as the cost of whatever needs doing is greater than the cost of taking it down & building a new one.
I'd like to see some sort of details for that. What "needs doing" and by whom has it been costed?
(not asking you per se)

I don't think this is quite true.
I think the cost of what needs doing is greater than the cost of taking it down, selling off the site to a private developer and then building a new one next door on the somewhat smaller skating-rink site.

I'm not sure how you can assert this, given the cost of 'doing whatever needs doing' isn't even known yet. The process of looking at what improvements need to be made has only just begun.

Let's face it though, it is not a great building.
I like it. I guess it's subjective though. But I really do like it, it has pretty much everything we need. I don't think we could get a better leaisure centre. Have a read of this:

http://savebrixtonrec.wordpress.com...sign-quality-and-architecture-at-brixton-rec/

Back
Top Bottom