Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton pubs reopening as the coronavirus crisis eases?

editor

hiraethified
Seeing as the government is pushing to reopen boozers on June 22nd, I was wondering which Brixton pubs could safely reopen (if so inclined).

I can only think of a few pubs that have gardens big enough to safely accommodate social distancing, but maybe there's others:
The Duke of Edinburgh has a huge garden, and Hootananny has a large outdoor space too. Other spaces that might work could be the Trinity Arms and the Windmill, the Sun and Doves on Coldharbour Lane, and heading towards Clapham, the Hope and Anchor also has a sizeable garden.

Up in Tulse Hill, the Railway has an immense garden which should make it a safe place to drink.

Sadly, as much as we’d love to see pubs like the Albert, Beehive, Effra Hall Tavern and The Junction reopen, we can’t think how they could adequately provide social distancing and remain economically viable, but perhaps they have cunning strategies that may be employed.

crown and anchor - basically any pub with a large enough seating area in front rather than behind i guess?

Went past the Greyhound in Sydenham. It's outside seating area is already populated by BYO drinkers :D
They're certainly ready for reopening.

I don't know how you make toilets clean and non-infectious but people seem to be worried about them?

They'd probably have to employ a bouncer permanently to ensure too many people do not gather in the garden. Still, i suppose its better than being completely closed.

We still have hundreds of deaths per day.

The phrase “as the coronavirus crisis eases” at this point is a bit weird.

Back
Top Bottom