Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat: Spring 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few pics from Friday night

brixton-effra-social-mar-2019-01.jpg

brixton-effra-social-mar-2019-28.jpg

brixton-effra-social-mar-2019-16.jpg

In photos: Brixton Buzz thumping great pop party at the Effra Social, Fri 22nd Mar 2019

2019-03-27_222000.jpg

There's a synchronised display of smartphones going on at Pop tonight. Oh wait, it's the crowd 'interacting' with the live act in the 'community hub.'

The Mustard comedy is on tonight at the Effra social. I’ve been several times, and it’s a great night - fresh comedy, with a great range of talent. Pay what you can :)
Not my favourite pub In Brixton, but happy make an exception for the mustards

The Mustard comedy is on tonight at the Effra social. I’ve been several times, and it’s a great night - fresh comedy, with a great range of talent. Pay what you can :)
Not my favourite pub In Brixton, but happy make an exception for the mustards

Forgot to mention - starts at eight. Eight comedians!

Apologies if posted elsewhere but there is a Bankrupt Climate Change demo outside Barclays Bank branch in Brixton tomorrow (Saturday, 30th March) at 11:00 am. See more information here.

Last edited:
There was a Guardian article earlier this month complaining of cuts to the programme "Late Junction" - a sort of experimental mix of stuff late night on Radio 3. One of the items cited as an example of excellence was this clip of Roger Robinson describing the delights of Brixton.
Late Junction - Brixton by Roger Robinson, Mark Sanders and Ben Vince - BBC Sounds

Can't say I've heard of Roger, and for me the clip was enough at 3 minutes - but what is interesting in a way is that this piece which seems to date origially from 2015 is already like a blast from the past.

Brixton is no longer the multicultural melting pot Roger describes in his piece. And even the "Fridge" is now renamed.

So I'm doing two freebie gigs this weekend - tongiht is at the Effra Social (9pm-1am) and tomorrow is at Market House (11pm-3.30am) - message me for free guest passes and free drink voucher!

Heads up
Message from Transport for London:

“I am writing to inform you of upcoming essential emergency work to repair a fixed-track crossing section on the Victoria line. As a result of this work, from 00:30 and all day on Sunday 31 March, there will be no service between Victoria and Brixton, including no Night Tube service on Saturday night. A reduced frequency service will run between Victoria and Walthamstow Central.

23 year renter and born and bred Brixton person (and 40 years on Lambeth housing list) is being evicted by landlord, alongside her two grown up kids. She is good, kind and caring, and her two children are lovely young people.

She needs a place quick for them. Cheap, and local.

If any of you know of anything then please please let me know.

This person is a quite amazing and wonderful and saved my life more than once, so I would love to see her and her two kids with a roof over their heads and some stability.

Greedy landlords fuck me right off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom